Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older one that only gets three MPs and I want a newer one with at least 8. Does anyone run a trail camera with 8+ mega pixels that they have had a few years and are happy with?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I have several from different brands. All of mine are at the farm and could not tell you the brands. I usually buy the cheaper or the past year model to get a deal.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
All the new cams handle up to 16 MB and most handle up to 32MB. They also have video and HD photos and pretty fast trigger speeds. You can get some pretty good ones for around a $100. Less than that on sale.

I have a SpyPoint C9 and got it for $80 on sale at Cabela's. It's easy to program (even I can do it) and is easy on the batteries. The only thing I don't like is the slow reset (10 seconds) that cannot be adjusted or changed to a quicker speed.

·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the new cams handle up to 16 MB and most handle up to 32MB. They also have video and HD photos and pretty fast trigger speeds. You can get some pretty good ones for around a $100. Less than that on sale.

I have a SpyPoint C9 and got it for $80 on sale at Cabela's. It's easy to program (even I can do it) and is easy on the batteries. The only thing I don't like is the slow reset (10 seconds) that cannot be adjusted or changed to a quicker speed.
I have an older Spy Point and I like it other than the low MPs. I'll look at the C9.

·
Administrator
143,579 Posts
There are some 12 MP ones on eBay. I think a few are priced in the 60+ dollar range.

You need to know that they ship direct from usually H.K.

But, I have bought more than a few items from the Commies....paid with PayPal and never had a single problem.

The last item that I bought was a pair of Surgical Eye Loupes for my really fine intricate work.

AKA the magnifying eyewear that your dentist wears drilling for your root canal.

They would have cost a few hundred purchased here and I saved a ton of money.

When they come here to invade the United States....I can say..."Hey! Look at all the crap that I bought from you Reds!"

And then they smile and don't toss me into the internment camp. :rofl:

·
Administrator
143,579 Posts
Anyway....I kinda got off topic up there. My point being that all of the Trail Cams all come from the same place.
Or almost all of them anyway. They are unbranded and they get an American Trail Cam name here in the USA.

Oh...and don't get the megapixel number mixed up with the SD card capacity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts