Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.wral.com/n-carolina-sheriff-gun-instructor-accidentally-shoots-self/18777764/

RALEIGH, N.C. – A civilian firearms instructor has been injured in an accidental shooting on the job.

The Wake County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement obtained by news outlets Monday that the civilian instructor accidentally shot himself in the leg at the Wake County Firearms Education and Training Center on Sunday afternoon.

Deputies said they responded to the shooting range about 20 miles (32 kilometers) southwest of Raleigh, on a call that the instructor had shot himself while re-holstering his gun.

Investigators say the instructor was taken to a hospital with injuries that weren’t considered life-threatening. The instructor’s name hasn’t been released.

Reactions: GpTom

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Investigators say the instructor was taken to a hospital with injuries that weren’t considered life-threatening. The instructor’s name hasn’t been released.
Unless you consider dying of embarrassment life-threatening ... :D

At least the guy's okay. He'll now be the department's poster child for firearms safety.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
In - 3 , 2 , 1 , striker fired , Glock Leg !! ..... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
This goes to show what I have been saying for years. Some, maybe many, trainers ought not be training anyone. The failure of the trainer in this story is inexcusable. If you claim to be an expert then you must have expertise. Experts trainers do not injure themselves or others with a a gun used in training. This story shows a flaw in training: the incompetent trainer. I have no idea what to do about it. Doctors and teachers get reviewed online. If firearms trainers were it might sort out some.

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
That training center stopped offering classes for the AR-15 after there were complaints from anti-gunners, although the center said it was "because the classes were not popular."

However, a county commissioner said, "I am very pleased that the sheriff has decided to ensure the firearm center no longer offers that type of training for citizens. I see no reason why a taxpayer-funded center should provide opportunities to teach people how to shoot an AR-15. That is just common sense to me."

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Just goes to show you that it can happen no matter who you are, or who you think you are.

No matter how much you think you're practicing safe gun handling skills, or say "my safety is between my ears ", or you say "just keep your booger picking finger off the trigger ", we are all just imperfect humans. That's why they call them accidents I guess.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
So what are the odds is was a DA or true DAO gun, with a full-weight/full-stroke trigger?

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

·
Registered
34,669 Posts
So the take-away from all this is it is impossible to be stupid and have an ND with a hammer-fired pistol. It that it?

·
Super Moderator
21,933 Posts
Did it say what type of handgun was used, and I missed it?

Reactions: scottync

·
Administrator
21,034 Posts
So the take-away from all this is it is impossible to be stupid and have an ND with a hammer-fired pistol. It that it?
Did it say what type of handgun was used, and I missed it?
I guess since it was a civilian, it COULD have been a 1911. ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34,669 Posts
I guess since it was a civilian, it COULD have been a 1911. ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
1911s are weapons of war and civilians don't own weapons of war.

Do they?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts