Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occurs to me that so many of the folks out there who advertise, or who are discussed or generally known, as firearms trainers are somewhere other than the Deep South. Tennessee has well-known trainers, and I have also heard of a few in Georgia. Wonder why I never hear of any of national note in states like Alabama and MIssissippi.

I attended LFI I in Forest, MS just shy of a decade ago, and I attended Randy Cain's Practical Rifle when he tought it in Montogmery, AL several years back. I am planning to take Long Range Rifle I at Storm Mountain in the future, and they had even tried to set up a second shop in Oxford, MS, but it never panned out.

So, I keep noticing a lack of any permanently housed training operations down this far, and I wonder why. Just strikes me as odd.

Best,
Jon

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Didn't realize that was the case John - tho surely there are one or two places down in FL if we are thinking very South?

Hard to know why really and sure means some considerable travel for folks in those areas if they seek something.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, yea, Florida's loaded (no pun intended) - from his web site, I'd say Randy Cain probably spends dang near half his year down there. I just never hear of anyone of general recognition in Alabama or Mississippi. Everyone (except Florida) seems to train farther north.

Best,
Jon

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The lack of responses tells me that perhaps I'm not the only one who knows of no trainers of general renown in the area of Alabama and Mississippi. Wonder why that is? Not sure why. Need to think on this some more I s'pose.

Best,
Jon

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up, Blackhawk.

Best,
Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts