Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twenty years ago, the number of trainers could be counted on your fingers, and have a couple left over. The same with the number of states that had must issue system for concealed carry.

Today both have grown by leaps and bounds.

Some of the trainers today, probably could not spell the word 5 years ago. Does that mean they are all bad? Not by any means.

So many Seals and Delta guys in training that it is hard to believe any are still in the military. Even if these guys are real, do they have training skills?? Even if they have all sorts of skills, do they have the ability to teach others??

Some of the best shooters I have ever seen could not teach a child how to shoot a BB gun. Doing and teaching are two different skills.

There is no 'license' to teach shooting/lethal threat management skills, no 'degree'to attest to the individuals abilities, no board to examine the trainer.

I am trying to put to pen a post on how I would pick a trainer. Should have it ready this week.

·
Banned
29 Posts
A gun trainer should also be black belt,

so watch how he teaches little kids how to break falls, kick, block etc. At the ranges most people have to fire at, they usually need footwork and blocking a lot more than they need the ability to print tight groups at 20 ft (much less 25 yds).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.