Defensive Carry banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
If I carry in a holster...it is OWB. I am way past suffering the discomfort I experienced with IWB. So, today, it is in my pocket or outside my waistband...and has actually been that way for some years now.

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
I swing both ways. But OWB is more comfortable with a good holster and belt.
Even with the dreaded noassatall disease. I can still carry a full size 1911 without my kilts or britches down around my ankles

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
I was an IWB concealed carrier for years, but after several hip surgeries, I tried OWB. It's more comfortable and just as easy to conceal.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I've found that the key to the switch is a good belt. A loose belt will flop like mad OWB. With my hip replacement I had to carry OWB for the past year and I found that a DeSantis Speed Scabbard held by a Hanks belt did the job.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I used to carry IWB, but due to a rotator cuff injury, I switched to OWB. I have less problem. And I bought a Phalanx Defense Systems belts slide holster which conceals my Sig P229 easily. I can also carry my Beretta 92 with an old Uncle Mikes kydex paddle rig easily too.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I've found that the key to the switch is a good belt. A loose belt will flop like mad OWB. With my hip replacement I had to carry OWB for the past year and I found that a DeSantis Speed Scabbard held by a Hanks belt did the job.
Using a 1.75" gun-belt does a lot to keep an OWB in-place.

Wear the holster you want, and dress to conceal.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
OWB concealed is my daily standard. Lately I've been using a paddle holster for easy on/off. Even in summer heat, with a large T shirt it works fine.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I just can't conceal nearly as well with a owb rig as I can with a iwb and for me concealment is at a premium .

·
Registered
194 Posts
I used to carry iwb all the time, but switched to owb. much more comfortable and won't stretch out your pants

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
There have been a few OWB holsters mentioned in this thread. What are some other favorites, particularly kydex or Hybrids? I’m looking and could use more options to check out. Thx in advance!

·
Registered
827 Posts
There have been a few OWB holsters mentioned in this thread. What are some other favorites, particularly kydex or Hybrids? I’m looking and could use more options to check out. Thx in advance!
Ready-Made: Galco, based upon overall quality.
Custom Made: Too many to count. Now that I can no longer do leatherwork, I have Ed Buffaloe's holsters, Mernickle's holsters, Galco's belts, and Bullhide belts.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I’m extremely pleased with my Nelson holster. James added a red dot shroud when making mine; works great, excellent craftsmanship. Not kydex, but there’s nothing kydex offers that this leather holster doesn’t do just as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For kydex I like Panther Concealment in OWB or IWB.

For leather I like the Brommeland Gunleather Max Con-V IWB, and Mitch Rosen, Wilson Combat, Warbird Leather (both OWB and IWB), and a few more I can’t readily recall (had them for a looong time) for OWB.

I switch between OWB and IWB easily depending on what’s being carried, and how I’m dressed. I always use a good gun belt regardless of carry method. Carry position is always at 3:00.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I got an inexpensive owb for sig 365 and not much difference in printing vs iwb since its a thin rig. Much better access for me. I was pleasantly surprised.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts