Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im most likely flying up to TN from FL to visit my father and grandma in July. Thing is I would like to bring my gun with me.

Now I dont drive "if I did I would" so what would be my best bet at bringing my gun with me legally? Is it legal to ship yourself a firearm? What is the most practical and legal way of doing so?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ruger - I just took a piece with me to Tulsa - no probs, tho TSA did at one book-in get enthusiastic and go thru my case.!

Go to TSA site and find the page for firearms - print out the sheet for reference. It is actually not too bad at all - just means check in to main desk as against the outside deal. Allow a bit more time.

This is the page URL from what I printed out -

http://www.tsa.gov/public/display?content=09000519800ac232&print=yes

Oh and check reciprocity matters and state laws for TN.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I know that taking a weapon using the right procedures is possible just like 95 said. However, I think I would just take the Greyhound and pack all the way through, GA, SC and NC and reduce the hassle. I would probably pack my .38 special for deep concealment and two strip if it was me. Yeah, the bus is long but it is cheaper and less of a hassle. Now that is if you don't have to be there asap. Just another thought. I also don't know if the bus wands you or not. The last time I was even on a transport bus like that was when I was in the service a few years ago. Good luck... You could also scope this out by visiting your local Greyhound station to have a look around.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Flying with your guns is extremely easy to do. I do it routinely.
Go to your airline's webpage and review/print out their procedure. Also print the applicable TSA page that deals with guns and ammo.
I carry those print outs with me, though I've never encountered trouble.
Good luck. :smile:

On edit: Here is a link to a recent experience flying with a gun.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
If I understand Missouri law correctly it is illegal to carry on a bus in this state. So you might want to check local laws as they apply.
Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
I remember when we flew from Georgia to Frankfurt on our way to Bosnia. We had put our M16s in hard plastic cases and locked them with the smallest master lock you could fine. We checked them in at a special gate (we were in civilian clothes).

When we got to Frankfurt, no one had explained how we were to get our weapons. Well, by the time we got to the conveyer system, there they were pouring out of the mouth of the great luggage beast along with all the other baggage.

Even more surprising most of us did not have our paperwork or items looked at when we went to customs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts