Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Philly for 2 weeks for work. Since SC and PA don't have reciprocity, I'm unarmed. Even if I had my PA non-res, I still couldn't carry downtown. Strange how you don't have to have been carrying for that long to feel naked or vulnerable without it.

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
who said you couldn't carry downtown? if you had your non-res LTCF, you can carry anywhere a resident can carry. i wouldn't be caught dead in Philly without at least one firearm.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm in Philly for 2 weeks for work. Since SC and PA don't have reciprocity, I'm unarmed. Even if I had my PA non-res, I still couldn't carry downtown. Strange how you don't have to have been carrying for that long to feel naked or vulnerable without it.
You can absolutely carry in downtown Philly, with a PA LTCF.

Next time, plan ahead and get a FLA or Utah non-res permit.

Philly has an ordinance against knives, but you can carry spray or an ASP.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Strange how you don't have to have been carrying for that long to feel naked or vulnerable without it.
I know how you feel! Last Saturday night we went to a club to meet some of my wife's classmates from high school. I asked her if I could wait outside the bar for her(they have an outside area also, connected to the whole Hardrock area), I reluctantly unarmed(in my car safe) and went in. I haven't been in too many bars in the past 20 something years since I got my concealment permit.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I know how you feel! Last Saturday night we went to a club to meet some of my wife's classmates from high school. I asked her if I could wait outside the bar for her(they have an outside area also, connected to the whole Hardrock area), I reluctantly unarmed(in my car safe) and went in. I haven't been in too many bars in the past 20 something years since I got my concealment permit.
You can carry inside bars in PA. Theres no restriction on carrying in places that serve alcohol.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Apply now!!

Centre County has a lightning fast turn around time.

Here's the link...........

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/license_to_carry.pdf :hand5:
Let me second this. I sent my application Thursday, July 30. We went out of town Friday morning, August 7. When we got back on Sunday, my permit was in the mail, which means it got here on either the 7th or 8th -- total turnaround time of eight or nine days. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Your non-res permit is good anywhere in the state... someone is feeding you a line.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
who said you couldn't carry downtown? if you had your non-res LTCF, you can carry anywhere a resident can carry. i wouldn't be caught dead in Philly without at least one firearm.
This was a combination of 2 things, found out later today.

1. I had a conversation with a LEO and CC and things came up and he mentioned it and....

2. Having researched OC here, there's a restriction on that, so I went with it until I did some more digging.

As far as Centre Co. goes, I plan on hitting them up. Spoke with a couple people from the Sheriff's office and the PA Attorney General's office. Centre Co. will be getting a check from me here shortly.

·
Registered
535 Posts
As far as Centre Co. goes, I plan on hitting them up. Spoke with a couple people from the Sheriff's office and the PA Attorney General's office. Centre Co. will be getting a check from me here shortly.
Now if only SC would return the favor for PA residents...

Last I heard the only non-res permits SC offers are for SC property owners whose residence is in another state. They also don't recognize UT or FL permits unless you're a UT or FL resident.

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
This was a combination of 2 things, found out later today.

1. I had a conversation with a LEO and CC and things came up and he mentioned it and....

2. Having researched OC here, there's a restriction on that, so I went with it until I did some more digging.

never ask a LEO about the law, especially concerning firearms.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
never ask a LEO about the law, especially concerning firearms.
No disrespect to LEO but if they never all the laws correctly I would suggest a change to become a lawyer or judge. My understanding is PA non covers the whole state.

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
No disrespect to LEO but if they never all the laws correctly I would suggest a change to become a lawyer or judge. My understanding is PA non covers the whole state.
a non-resident LTCF grants the same exact 'privileges' that a resident LTCF grants, the only difference being that the person carrying is from out of state. that's the ONLY difference. well, take a bit longer to get issued, but not by much. Centre, Lackawanna, and Luzerne Counties are probably the easiest counties to get one issued from. forget about Philthadelphia, Monroe, or Delaware County. they make it as hard as legally possible for residents, let alone visitors to our Commonwealth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts