Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seven people were caught after midnight this morning here in MA. at the Quabbin reservoir. I won't mention nationalities here because I don't want to sound racist. And the government's priorty is my guns!!! You can find the article online.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
And? What were they doing? What did they have? Were they dumping toxic chemicals or poisons in the water or were they playing shuffleboard?

·
Registered
158 Posts
BELCHERTOWN (CBS) – Shortly after midnight Tuesday, seven people were caught trespassing at the Quabbin Reservoir.

State Police say the five men and two women are from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore, and “cited their education and career interests” for being in the area. The men told police they were chemical engineers and recent college graduates.

The Quabbin, in Belchertown, is one of the country’s largest man-made public water supplies. Boston’s drinking water comes from the Quabbin and the Wachusett Reservoirs.

State Police say there were no warrants or advisories on any of the individuals and “there was no evidence that the seven were committing any crime beyond the trespassing.”

All seven were allowed to leave and will be summonsed to court for trespassing. The FBI is investigating and routine checks of public water supplies have been increased following the incident.

The seven individuals currently live in Amherst, Cambridge, Sunderland, Northampton and New York City. Police have not released their names because a court date has not been set.

At first when I read it I didn't see what the big deal was. Then I re-read and am questioning why supposed recent college grads and chemical engineers would take a risk by breaking the law and trespassing. Definitely sounds fishy and I would be scared to use the water supply for a while if I lived around there.

·
Registered
46,044 Posts
"A preliminary background check for warrants and Interpol Wanted Persons turned up no warrants, detainers or advisories and the group was allowed to leave."

Seems some folks are slow to learn. How many suicide bombers have been on the Interpol list? Few I suppose. Should have been charged with tresspassing and then deported. I guess Boston is the new New York for the Middle Easterners. Too much security in one place, move on to another.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
"A preliminary background check for warrants and Interpol Wanted Persons turned up no warrants, detainers or advisories and the group was allowed to leave."

Seems some folks are slow to learn. How many suicide bombers have been on the Interpol list? Few I suppose. Should have been charged with tresspassing and then deported. I guess Boston is the new New York for the Middle Easterners. Too much security in one place, move on to another.
They were deported - to Boston. :) It does sound rather fishy. I wonder if the cops searched the cars and persons for chemicals or other pollutants. Sounds like they would have had RAS.

·
Super Moderator
19,385 Posts
Not a lot of info to go on but it does make one wonder if they were checking on how fast an LEO response would be.

Reactions: tdave

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Our enemies do not rest; they will probe and test the defenses of any potential target or vehicle that could be used to bring harm to our country. Sadly too few Americans actually understand how serious the threat against our way of life is, and our government does everything it can to downplay the very existence of any threat at all.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Criminetly!

They were college students going for a skinny dip...

Or

They were terrorists, looking to poison the water supply.

My, how things have changed in the last several years, huh?

I'm beginning to favor complete isolationism. Kick 'em all out. don't let any more in... quit supporting foreign governments, quit importing HUMAN FOOD from China... Quit exporting help desks to India...

I really wish it were that simple.... unfortunately it ain't.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
I'm so dang sick of this politically correct mess, and I'll probably end up getting fired for not being pc at my job. For any Christians out there, Jesus was the most NOT PC person that ever walked this earth and He got hung on a cross for it. I want to be like Him (hard to do but I try) so I refuse to be PC!

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck.... deport it!

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Reactions: Jeanlouise

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
They told the trooper they wanted to see the Quabbin because of their career interests, according to state police spokesman David Procopio“........Further investigation is being undertaken because of the late hour when they were observed, their curious explanation for why they wanted to see the reservoir, and the fact that they were in an area marked no trespassing,” Procopio said.

Hmmmm? Let's see the data/specs about the Quabbin are available online, plus Google Earth view, but they decide to go look at it "in the dark"? What professional details can you really see? Sinister or not, somebody ain't telling the truth.

A couple of college students with backpacks attending a marathon seem a lot more innocent to me?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I'm so dang sick of this politically correct mess, and I'll probably end up getting fired for not being pc at my job. For any Christians out there, Jesus was the most NOT PC person that ever walked this earth and He got hung on a cross for it. I want to be like Him (hard to do but I try) so I refuse to be PC!

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck.... deport it!
I like your way of thinking Ma'am!

·
Registered
314 Posts
When pundits and other people say that America has lost its way, that it's no longer the America our fathers and grandfathers knew, the scared, bitter, worrisome hatred of others is what they are talking about. Well, actually, those pundits are mostly on Fox "News?" and are sensationalist in order to garner viewers who share attitudes expressed in various places in order to sell advertising space...so paranoid media hounds out for a buck....When people would sooner deport them than look at them, THAT is the America that is lost...the xenophobic, isolationist attitude reflected by some in our society is down-right scary.

Some people want to throw out statistics related to DUI deaths as a means of mitigating gun control, so let's throw out a few others. You're more likely to die in an airplane crash due to incompetence than be a victim of a terrorist attack. Let's deport the planes! You're more likely to die in a DUI related situation than to be a victim of a terrorist attack. No one calls for deportation of the DUI drivers (though that would be sweet!).

My point is this: Immigration built the country we all hold dear to our hearts. Is immigration perfect? Of course not. It's a bureaucratic clusterf; it needs to be reformed. But the way to reform it is not the shut it down, or to let in only the people we deem worthy. If "they" did that 100 years ago, my Irish ancestors would not be here. This xenophobic attitude existed then ("Kick those awful Irish people out! And send the Poles with them too!"), and to our discredit, it continues to exist today, like racism, sexism, homophobia, and unequal pay for women. Those aren't things to be proud of. I'd bet dollars to donuts that some believe Arizona's right to check green cards is right on target as well (I don't think that's a good thing). Put another way, if this happened to WHITE American citizens, how would you feel? Should we deport the next Timothy McVeigh before it's too late? Or David Koresh? It's funny how gun control is a slippery slope (No UBC or they'll be banging our doors down for our guns) vs. immigration (deport them now leads to now we get to decide who stays or goes; will you be deported next? Will there be a list of crimes that warrant deportation for all people living in the US?)

I've had my fair share of parties at the lake. If these kids were going to do something naughty (as in sexual) then they may not be exactly forth-coming about it. I'd like to see how many here have been ticketed for trespassing, though this group as a whole is pretty law-abiding and upstanding so it might not be entirely accurate.

Now this is much too TLDR! I'm sure some will express an opinion contrary to mine, which is fine. Do we have a flamehaus? One last thought: Observing and respecting a person's culture is not PC, IMNSHO; it's simply humane! I have aunts and uncles who espouse Christianity but are the most hateful, vile racists and homophobes a person would ever have the displeasure of meeting.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Politically Correct or not and definitely NOT racist.....

Just the facts from the story.
"State police alerted the Springfield office of the FBI, which is investigating the five men and two women, who are from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore."

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
I suppose they didn't " ping" on the State Dept list.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.