Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one here have experience with a Tri-11? I'm fairly ignorant about them.

I'm curious to know if there are advantages to this 2011-type pistol aside from a larger magazine capacity?

I've never held one, but from the specs, they would appear to be a heavier pistol than a standard 1911, especially when loaded. I find oneof the virtues of the 1911 pistol to be it's relatively slim profile. I find this profile to be easier to EDC, despite the weight (I like steel 1911's), than some other pistols.

Still, the Tri-11's seem to have some fans. I could see it being a nice HD option, especially with a mounted light. So I thought I'd ask if anyone here has handled, shot, or carried one.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have a problem paying that much money for a handgun.... At that price point it better be custom built for me with 3 or 4 sets of spare parts and about 10K rounds of ammo.....

Anyways 1911 for me is the cream of the crop and I am as good with my $800 Kimber ProCarry in a drill as I am with my $1500 Springfield TRP. Don't take me wrong - the TRP is a much better gun then the Kimber but I am not buying the guns to go to competition. Would you want a 2011 for the fact it's a double stack with the 1911 style trigger? Or cause it looks cool and there are some bragging rights to go with it?

Also should I have to use it, I expect to lose it and post fact the last thing I wanna worry about is the fact that my $X K gun is sitting in storage someplace in a box as evidence.

So yes, they sure look purdy, but I would personally buy something that is reliable and proven and I could get two of for the same price to have spares ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Does any one here have experience with a Tri-11? I'm fairly ignorant about them.

I'm curious to know if there are advantages to this 2011-type pistol aside from a larger magazine capacity?

I've never held one, but from the specs, they would appear to be a heavier pistol than a standard 1911, especially when loaded. I find oneof the virtues of the 1911 pistol to be it's relatively slim profile. I find this profile to be easier to EDC, despite the weight (I like steel 1911's), than some other pistols.

Still, the Tri-11's seem to have some fans. I could see it being a nice HD option, especially with a mounted light. So I thought I'd ask if anyone here has handled, shot, or carried one.

Thanks in advance!
Way too much money for that. You can get a nice Kimber for quite less the money.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Double stack 1911's have been tried and have not been popular for carry. They look to have solid competition guns, which would make the price closer to similar spec guns.

·
Super Moderator
18,428 Posts

Had to look this one up to become familiar.

I'm just not concerned enough with capacity to abandon standard 1911 guns. This pistol is for those who are concerned about capacity.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's primarily about the capacity. My understanding is that the build quality is excellent as well. All steel, no MIM.

I've got Kimber 1911, and it has been excellent, once it got "broken in" a bit.

Do I need a 2011? Realistically....probably not. A Glock 21 likely does everything I could make a Tri-11 do just as well. Although, I find that nothing shoots quite as well for me as 1911 trigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts