Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have trijicons on my XDM and ....I like them enough, they light up great in the dark, but aren't
that great in daylight, but I recently had the opportunity to shoot a friends
M&P 9C with the new True Glo TFO set
TRUGLO® | BRITE•SITE™ TFO™ (Green/Yellow)
all I can say is "wow" so easy to pick up in daylight and they lit up really nice in the dark as well.
.....I may have to pick up a set for my 9C and my shield.
I'd look at those, if they make a set for you specific gun that's the way I'd go.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Hmmm.......... I love my HD's. I guess it depends on the individual. I have the orange front sight on my P99, and yellow on my P226. Both are fantastic in daylight and dark. I'd be careful with the TFO's, I had a set and the fiber optic came out of the front sight within a month. I googled it and found loosing the fiber optic is fairly common. Their warranty sucks too! I understand the TFX is better, but I'm bummed on what I was told when I called them. TFO warranty, 6 mo, Trijicon warranty, 12 years. Do the math.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
For me, yes, I love the HD's.

The original Tru-Glo's were very fragile, I lost the element several times from the front sight, after repairing it and gluing it back into the sight body several times, the tritium vial leaked and died.

While I liked that bright aiming dot in daylight it's not sturdy enough for a EDC gun that sees training/classes.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
For me, yes, I love the HD's.

The original Tru-Glo's were very fragile, I lost the element several times from the front sight, after repairing it and gluing it back into the sight body several times, the tritium vial leaked and died.

While I liked that bright aiming dot in daylight it's not sturdy enough for a EDC gun that sees training/classes.
Triple like. DC only allowes one per post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up going for the trijicon HD , i was told that the tfo's tend to fade with time and being carbon fiber it can be worn faster than the material that's HD's are made ! Thank you all for the feed back.. i was going to try them but the range was close :( i will update after i shoot some
rounds

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
If you've decided ANY tritium night sights are "worth it". Then your breath of options include DOZENS of brands/models. Trijicon has a longer, better track-record with professional door-kickers than...most. :yup:

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
There is a difference between trijicon nights sights and Trijicon HD's. Both are very good quality - but I believe the HD's are a better choice as a defensive sight.

I have them on a wide variety of my defensive pistols. I have also shot them at night on a variety of targets, both illuminated and non-illuminated. My personal experience with them (somewhere over 15,000 rounds through a variety of pistols) has lead me to trust them completely. They just....plain.....work.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I have 3 sets; 2 CCWs and an HD pistol. I also run them in our local IDPA matches on 2 of my guns (SSP and CCP)

Big fan overall. The orange front dot is larger and brighter than several of my FO front sights.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The orange front dot is larger and brighter than several of my FO front sights.

Chuck
"Orange dot"? On my pistols, it's a freakin' golf ball!

:smile:

Seriously though - I think that the large, highly visible orange dot makes a big difference in acquiring one's front sight in a hurry, and on staying focused on it when stress is applied. I saw an immediate improvement in my accuracy at speed when I went from a conventional 3-dot to the Trijicon HD's.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
"Orange dot"? On my pistols, it's a freakin' golf ball!

:smile:

Seriously though - I think that the large, highly visible orange dot makes a big difference in acquiring one's front sight in a hurry, and on staying focused on it when stress is applied. I saw an immediate improvement in my accuracy at speed when I went from a conventional 3-dot to the Trijicon HD's.
It is HUGE! I had a guy ask me after a stage what my front sight was, he could see it from the gallery! I find it helps me index into the target as I push out during my presentation.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
36,695 Posts
Are trijicon night sights worth it for my everyday carry pistol.???
Hard to say. What kind of shooting do you want to be able to do with it?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have trijicon on my Dan Wesson 3 dot, I have night/day mepro light tru-dot on my sig p239, they are a bright fiber optic in the day, bright at night but they are F'ing Huge, I wouldn't get them again for a carry I should have left the factory trijicon sights on the gun I would have been happier.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would probably still like the front sight the Meprolights Tru-Dot day/night (fiber optic/trijicon) but trijicon for the rear and even both would have been fine trijicon, I love my green front amber rear on my dan wesson I see them great in the day time!
DSC_0042.jpg DSC_0043.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts