Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. I was trying to figure this one out and thought with the bunch of highly knowledgeable people here, maybe someone could help me out? Hope this is the right place in the forum to ask.

I just purchased and shot 300 rds or so through a new Springfield 1911 with Trijicon night sights. The last time I brought it up to aim I noticed a pin/screw sticking up from the top of the front sight. I stopped then because I didn't want to loose the thing or possibly knock the sight out of alignment. It shoots exactly to POA right now. I'm assuming this is a set screw that is tightened with a hex wrench? Anyone know more about this? I'm sure it would be difficult to find someone who knows less than I do.

Besides that, I just love this gun!

·
Registered
14 Posts
On my Springfield EMP there is a small roll pin that
secures the front night sight. Just gently drive it in flush
and you should be good to go.
Make sure it does not stick out in the inside of the slide
after you drive it in.

Jim

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim, I didn't have my glasses with me to look closely enough to see if it was a pin or screw. Sure didn't want to try to drive a screw! I put it away when I got home yesterday and haven't had a chance to check it out again. I thought that SA would have sent me a reply by now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
resqr9142,

On my Springfield EMP there is a small roll pin that secures the front night sight. Just gently drive it in flush
and you should be good to go.
Make sure it does not stick out in the inside of the slide
after you drive it in. Jim
Yep, I posted the same on your other thread

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jim and Bill. I tapped the pin back in the front sight but will have to see about getting a new one from SA. I'm sure it will just back out again as easy as it went back in. Besides that, this is one fine shooting/handling firearm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts