Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into night sights for my CZ. I'm interested in the Trijicons, but I'm a little uncertain about the white rings painted around the tritium vials. How well do the white rings hold up? Are they resistant to gun cleaning chemicals?

Anyone know of other night sights for the CZ that have a white ring around the tritium vials?

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
the white ring is actually a plastic vial that holds the saphire in place. it also helps to absorb the shock from recoil and facilitates ease of replacement sights, when the old sights are daded (in about 12-16 yrs) i wouldn't worry about it, as Trijicon has a superior reputation for their products.
might also want to look at Meprolite and True Dot sights

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have Trijicons on my GLOCK 26 and I really like them. They are bright and easy to pick up in darkness. But the dots are small compared to Meprolights and I might go with the Meprolights on my next gun

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the clarification, guys. I must have them confused with another nightsight brand.
Does anyone have a sight picture of the Meprolight night sights? I can't seem to get anywhere on their website.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Their web site does not appear to be working very well. I've tried in both Firefox and IE. But if you google "meprolight" and click on images, you shoudl be able to get a good idea of what they look like.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Btw, have you considered TruGlo sights - fiber optic with Tritium. See their web site - http://www.truglo.com/

I have them on my Glock 30 and they're bright in daylight and bright at night.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Both brands are very good and look identical except the Mepros are a little larger. On my GLOCK I haven't had any problems with the white rings being damaged. But I only need to use Remoil on it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
My main carry Sig looks like it's been through a war. The white rings are still visible.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
So waht brand nightsitghts are on my SA? They are marked Novak, but thats it. Looks to be a gold ring around the insert. (BTW, the gold seems to pick up fast in bright light, without distorting the sight picture)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have no idea. However many OEM night sights use Trijicon tubes to install into the particular makers sights. So they will probably perform the exact same. Not that I could tell the difference by much anyway.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Have used Trijicon's for so long I still love them and they go on every pistol I own (minus my 340PD which has XO Big Dot sight). The only modification I made to my Trijicon's is TJ's Custom DayGlo front sight painting. It sure makes picking up the front sight a lot easier in the day time, and is fairly inexpensive.

http://www.tjscustomgunworks.com/Macros/dayglo.htm

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
My gunsmith says the only difference between meprolight and trijicon is the price in which case, meprolights win hands down. I've had both for many years and I can't discern the difference, except in price. I've recently begun to put yellow or orange dots on the rear set and a bright green dot on the front, just so I don't accidentally get mixed up in the heat of the moment. Of course, I could also go for a slightly higher sight picture and get a higher shot, while seeing the triangle....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Before I bought night-sights for my Glock, I thought I would get Trijicons...merely because of the name.

Instead, I went with the Meprolights, and I am very pleased with them. The white dots are VERY visible in the daylight, and the night-sights are VERY visible in the dark. Also, IIRC, the Mepro warranty is better than the Trijicon...?

I have a green dot in the front, and yellow dots in the rear.

I bought through these folks:
http://www.bigstatedist.com

Paul gave me excellent service.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I've tried the Mepros - dont like the sight picture as much as my traditionals.

Guess it's just what you're used to.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have Trijicons on my G21, and Glock/Meprolights on my G30. The only difference is the size of the glow.

The front sight on my G21 has gotten some dirt in it that has dulled the white ring some. Other than that I like them both.

·
Super Moderator
22,004 Posts
My gunsmith says the only difference between meprolight and trijicon is the price in which case, meprolights win hands down.
EX,
I don't think so, Trijicons are in vials, Metro's are not.
It may not seem like much, but Triicon can replace bad vials and Metro's cannot, without replacing the sights themselves.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts