Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a few days in Dallas over the weekend, with the G30sf in tow. This was my first time out of state with my CCW. We did quite a few of the typical tourist sites, including the Dallas and Ft. Worth Zoo with zero issues. One thing i did notice was that TX has a law prohibiting carry at race tracks... so packing at Lonestar Park Saturday night was out.

We did hit the TX State Fair, which permits carry as long as you declare and get your license checked at the gate. I was very apprehensive about this, especially having an Arkansas CHCL... but what the heck. As we approached the gate, there was a security person wanding at each gate, as well as a security supervisor off to the side. Rather than get in the wanding line, I stepped over to the security supervisor and said, "I'm pretty sure I'm going to set your wand off" as I handed her my DL and permit. She asked me to step off to the side with her, and she wrote down my name and permit number on a note pad. She asked if I was a police officer, to which I responded no. She then said "Ok, All we ask is that if you ride any rides, that you be careful. Have fun." Total conversation took less than 30 seconds, and they didn't even wand my wife! I was very pleased.

Last but not least, we made a stop at the Cabela's store in Ft. Worth just to check it out. I had no intention of purchasing anything... especially being out of state. But I did want to check out the Gun Library and fondle some Sigs I have been thinking about. I have been pondering Sigs for a while, and had gotten my mind set on adding a P239 to the stable. Specifically, a two tone SAS with walnut grips and the DAK trigger. The Gen Two SAS pistols do not come with the DAK, so I really wasn't sure I would ever find what I was looking for. Well... I walk up to the counter and staring back at me is a Gen 1 P239 SAS DAK, two tone, walnut grips, front night sight... unfired in the box. They had just purchased 3 unfired Sigs from a private individual the day before, put them in the case that morning, and this was the one that was left. To make a long story short, it will be at my FFL Friday afternoon! I will post pics as soon as I get it.

All in all, a great trip!

·
Registered
136 Posts
:worthless:

Congrats on the purchase, hope you enjoyed your time here in the great state of Texas.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, it was a fun trip. We usually do Dallas once a year, but this was the first time we were down for the fair. Great fair, HUGE, and very clean compared to ours. Also hit the gun show in Mesquite - we packed a lot into just a few days!

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
But did you try the deep-fried-butter?

Or Fernie's Deep Fried Peaches & Cream?

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Congrats on the nice find!:bier:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ret.

Dave, We didn't eat at the fair - went up to Addison for lunch at Chamberlain's before heading out of town. If you ever have a chance to go there, it is unbeleivable.

Now I am just counting down til Friday!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the one... not my picture, but this is it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's HERE!

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Hope you get to love your Sig Sauer P239 SAS DAK as much as I do my Sig Sauer P22o SAS DAK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts