Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, now that I have been carrying with my P85 for few months since getting my CCW the true test came today. I had my P85 in my Galco Belly Band and had to get up and speak at church. I had to speak at two services and felt pretty comfortable knowing that nobody could see it or even suspect that I would be carrying. I had my wife watch to make sure it didn't print. I also took the advice you guys gave me last week about going low when people try to hug you. I am 6'2" so some times I have to go real low but it works great just have to keep your guard up..... Anyways i'm getting much more comfortable even with my Don Hume IWB at either the 2 O'clock or 5 O'clock position. Just have to remember to dress for the gun. I'm saving for a Glock 27 or something in that size range. I was checking out my buddies Glock 26 and boy what an easy conceal weapon! man that would be so comfortable. Anyways thanks for all the great info this board has given me so far.

·
Administrator
143,960 Posts
Great Rugerman

Glad that things are working out for you.
You caught on just fine!:yup:
Good test...speaking in front of a crowd of folks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Based on the title of your post - I though it was going to be about naked concealment!

Novak low-profile sights would take on a whole new advantage!

:)

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
jarhead79 said:
You should have seen my IWB in my Speedo.:theyareontome:
...I can just hear it now...."is that a Desert Eagle in your Speedos are you just happy to see us?" :gah:

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I'm dying here. Poor Rugerman must be rolling his eyes wondering how such an innocent post could be brought downhill so fast.

I'd :twak: but I was too busy :rofl: :lmao: :lolp: :laugh2:

·
Super Moderator
24,242 Posts
CopperKnight said:
I'm dying here. Poor Rugerman must be rolling his eyes wondering how such an innocent post could be brought downhill so fast.

I'd :twak: but I was too busy :rofl: :lmao: :lolp: :laugh2:
Congratulations, Rugerman! Great test. Just ignore those other folks...even if they are :danceban: :danceban: :danceban:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sorry about that Rugerman.

Congrats on the carry. I still get 'made' with hugs now and then - since going 'low' on some folks means I would have to pick them up. :) But I've had people firmly plant a hand on my 1911 and never bat an eye - most folks wouldn't see a gun if it was staring them in the face.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Exactly right joe. I have a very anti sister-in-law & she has patted it more than a couple of times & thinks it is my cell. It never dawns on her that when I answer it the phone comes out of its holster on my left side. The other lump is on the right.:hand5:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts