Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
So long as much of the criteria surrounding who can carry and who [cannot] continues to vary from State to State, its never gonna happen. I have always felt that a law abiding person of a certain age and sound mind should be able to carry without having to jump to hoops BUT I also feel that States should have a right under current law to mandate some level of training and competence if they so choose. All this national reciprocity stuff seems like a bunch of spinning wheels. I agree that in a perfect world, it would be nice.

·
Registered
37,053 Posts
That would be great!.

But unless Republicans take WH, House and Senate, simply won't happen.

Jim

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Didn't happen when they had control of everything, isn't going to happen now or in the near future.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
It's really too bad and somewhat hypocritical to not honor each state's CC license considering that they honor every states drivers license. Not to mention that criminals don't care about the law anyway.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The only way this would happen is if the filibuster was gotten rid of and Republicans had control of the WH and congress. If not, it will take a deal with Democrats to make it happen. This is what happened with hearing protection act. Republicans in the senate didn't have the votes to end any filibuster that would have came about. The Democrats wouldn't take a deal that would ban "assault rifles" (not advocating this) in exchange for allowing reciprocity. They only want to take away gun rights, not expand them in anyway. Any "deal" would be them getting pretty much everything they want, which isn't a deal.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a coincidence!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I am sure he will say anything to get elected. Funny how things like this that are important to me come to light right before an election

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
The only way this would happen is if the filibuster was gotten rid of and Republicans had control of the WH and congress. If not, it will take a deal with Democrats to make it happen. This is what happened with hearing protection act. Republicans in the senate didn't have the votes to end any filibuster that would have came about. The Democrats wouldn't take a deal that would ban "assault rifles" (not advocating this) in exchange for allowing reciprocity. They only want to take away gun rights, not expand them in anyway. Any "deal" would be them getting pretty much everything they want, which isn't a deal.
Yeah, the democrats don't understand "compromise" at all. They would rather everyone suffer than to compromise on anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Didn't happen when they had control of everything, isn't going to happen now or in the near future.
You're probably correct.

However, every Administration has "must-do's" and priority lists. Personally, I never thought that National Reciprocity would get signed in the first 2 years of Trump Administration.

Then when Pelosi got control of the House, all hope had to be abandoned.

Trump has done far better at actually keeping campaign promises than any other President in my lifetime.

I don't hold it against him for not getting National Reciprocity done yet.

Jim

·
Premium Member
34,311 Posts
You're probably correct.

However, every Administration has "must-do's" and priority lists. Personally, I never thought that National Reciprocity would get signed in the first 2 years of Trump Administration.

Then when Pelosi got control of the House, all hope had to be abandoned.

Trump has done far better at actually keeping campaign promises than any other President in my lifetime.

I don't hold it against him for not getting National Reciprocity done yet.

Jim

He stood before the NRA convention and promised the abolition of gun free zones on military bases by executive order on the day after the inauguration. Thirty-some executive orders signed shortly thereafter, not one of them dealing with firearms. Yeah, I know he is better than the other option, but that doesn't make his word any better when it comes to guns.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
The gun community, if there is such a thing, can’t even reach agreement over reciprocity and still bicker about it. As long as that’s the case I have zero expectations of it happening. We’re our own worst enemy.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Hearing protection act and Reciprocity were moving along in the first two years, then there were those "incidents" in Parkland and Las Vegas that put the skids on anything gun freedom related.

Hmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
He needs to start with the BS about the ATF’s most recent attack on “Q” and the honey badger brace. Abolish them and THEN worry about other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Oh, but he’s serious this time! 🙄

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
He just may realize that gun owners, more than anyone else, put him in office. There's no doubt in my mind about that. Now that there are a whole lot more gun owners today than four years ago, why not try it again to lure those new owners sitting on the fence?

Reactions: 4Bama

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
What has he done? He has not continued the move toward single payer.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
He said he'd sign it IF it made it to his desk. It ain't going to make it to his desk. Not something he needs to make any clearer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts