Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is also political but it's about the military too...and the country. If mods want to move it, please do.

I have to shake my head reading this article. I can't imagine that military members think Biden/Harris would be better for the military. I just don't get it.

Evidently the military has been dumbed down from the top. If this is true, what hope is there?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Don't forget there are large numbers of minorities and under 21 y/o adults in the military who will tend left. Add to that all the leftist social engineering (indoctrination) piled on since the 90s. It's not a conservative bastion by any means.

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
Part way down the poll it said poll participants were subscribers to The Military Times and average age was 39 (or thereabouts) - so for whatever any poll might be worth, this is not a main view of the youngest members of the military, but of older ones as well - and THAT IS FRIGHTENING. For whatever any poll might be worth, that is.

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is so depressing. It's as if they believe what the MSM is telling them and not looking at what Trump has actually done for them.

Ignorant people who want to take us back to the Obama years...only worse.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Interesting. In the early 70's (under Nixon), we had what we needed to do our jobs. Later (under Carter), we had to sign-out for a pencil and only after turning-in a stubby pencil that supply had to deem too short to write with. In the 80s & through my retirement (under Reagan & HW Bush), once again we had the tools and equipment to accomplish our mission.

I can't speak directly about the military under Clinton. However, I remember the national outcry about troops not having the proper armor for themselves nor their equipment after 9/1/1 in Iraq and Afghanistan. The media and Dems railed against GW Bush for not having the proper gear for our troops. The fact is, that equipment was purchased under the budget restrictions of the Clinton administration.

On another note: For the poll to have respondents with an average age of around 39, it would have to have the majority of respondents be senior officers. If it was 50/50 enlisted and officers, the average would be in the 20s.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
It breaks my heart to see this, but I don't doubt it either. The generations appear to have gotten more and more liberal over the years. For dinosaurs like me and my military peer group, this is unthinkable. But I look at the purges via the promotion process that occurred during the Obama years, replacing warriors with senior officers that got promoted based on their social justice policies and positions, and I see where both the senior and very junior ranks may well be blue coat liberals. Conservatives have reached mandatory retirement age or have voted with their feet in droves. I witnessed much the same change in DoD civilians over the years as a DoD contractor after retiring from the Navy in 2000.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here in Eastern North Carolina where I am in close contact quite often with enlisted members of the Marine Corps pretty much every day I do not see support waning for the President.

During oweblamerliars term I got outright disdain for the president....whites, blacks, asian ancestries.

Do not know how the wussy oweblamerliar appointed commanders are thinking, but I think that very many of the young enlisted will not follow any orders that goes against the American people.

Not an exact scientific poll mind you, but I do not get the sense that the President will be deserted.

Might see some of the Vietnam type sof dealing with bad officers. An American military bullet in the back of the offender.......and that did happen in my tenure in V
Vietnam.

·
Registered
18,736 Posts
I wouldn’t read too much in to a poll of any sort. Specifically one done by the DoD

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn’t read too much in to a poll of any sort. Specifically one done by the DoD
Ordinarily I wouldn't but I know the military, at least the upper brass, have become more Liberal and seem to be more interested in "social justice" and quotas than what the military was originally intended.

Clinton ramped that up and Obama's administration took it to new heights. By the age groups polled, most of them probably came in under those administrations and may account for the shift away from Conservatism.

I sincerely hope this poll is off the mark. It's hard to believe that the military would be so lost.

·
Registered
18,736 Posts
Ordinarily I wouldn't but I know the military, at least the upper brass, have become more Liberal and seem to be more interested in "social justice" and quotas than what the military was originally intended.

Clinton ramped that up and Obama's administration took it to new heights. By the age groups polled, most of them probably came in under those administrations and may account for the shift away from Conservatism.

I sincerely hope this poll is off the mark. It's hard to believe that the military would be so lost.
I hate to say this, but I have more confidence in our military technology to win wars than I do in the military personnel and their intestinal fortitude to fight.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Look guys and gals. Put this in perspective. Do you really believe that PFC Snuffy or A1C Smith or Seaman Whossy gives a darn about how much any President puts in the Military for military gear, weapons systems, new ships, or planes or tanks if they are combat support or in a support role? Why would PFC Snuffy care about a new carrier or submarine? Why would Seaman Whoosy care about new tanks or Army helicopters?

More importantly, why would their spouses care? Most spouses vote alike, so votes lost by one is really two votes.

Do you really think that Mrs PFC Snuffy is happy with more frequent deployments and longer deployments?

When it comes to real money (pay). Do you know what PFC Snuffy and Seaman Whossy and A1C Smith do with that money? They did not save it like many of us did. They spend it on a 2020 Dodge Challenger which just gets them into more debt.

The article also said it does not appear they are voting against Republicans, they are not for Trump. Think about it. Many in the military are young and in minority groups. They might not like the way Trump personality is. And it does not matter what you or I think about how Trump handles diversity in this country. It does matter to people of color.

Whatever the reason, I can easily see the article being half accurate.

Not every person in the military is a white boy that comes from a long military family background in Central TX.

They joined because they did it for a job. And many will be getting out.

Just my 2 cents on it.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Trump never had the support of the military leadership. At least not the Army leadership. Obama replaced good leaders with political YES people.

The poll sample size is small. 1,000 military leaders are not sufficient to make such a statement. Notice the age of participants? These are leaders, whether commissioned or nco. Not rank and file personnel.

Notice where the survey was conducted? Syracuse. A liberal bastion.

Don‘t believe everything in print. Much of the media is actively working to overthrow potus.

·
Registered
36,875 Posts
Trump's support could have been a whole lot higher. He tends to be his worst enemy.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Military times isnt much better than DNCNN. I have a tough time thinking that anyone who was in the military during the Obiden Bama administration would think it would be better if Obiden is back in the Whitehouse.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Given the truth of so many young people in the military who grew up being indoctrinated in the liberal schools, anything is possible.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Part way down the poll it said poll participants were subscribers to The Military Times and average age was 39 (or thereabouts) - so for whatever any poll might be worth, this is not a main view of the youngest members of the military, but of older ones as well - and THAT IS FRIGHTENING. For whatever any poll might be worth, that is.
I wonder if 39 is the average age of the subscribers, or the average age of the poll respondents.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts