·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
His body...his choice...right Libs?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-reveals-taking-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus?fbclid=IwAR0pbN7C3aRZWq0CuWEP40oE6o9tBNBJEiL69chJW20kSdxdv1QucHhuEr8

The people on FB who are freaking out over this because it, "hasn't been proven" are the same people who are excited about a vaccine being developed in a couple of months, where it usually takes a year or so to develop.

Hydroxychloroquine has been used safely for over 70 years.

He can do whatever he wants ..But it can have some nasty as heck side effect

Frankly that worries me .. How much is he taking ..This can cause major heart and possible liver issues and is know to cause nasty mental issues in some cases aggation , haullication , vivid scary dreams etc .

Its well know to cause heart issues and mental issues esp in larger ammonts.. Safe yes but with the cavet of it not being like OTC safe

Reactions: Texas Red

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He can do whatever he wants ..But it can have some nasty as heck side effect

Frankly that worries me .. How much is he taking ..This can cause major heart and possible liver issues and is know to cause nasty mental issues in some cases aggation , haullication , vivid scary dreams etc .

Its well know to cause heart issues and mental issues esp in larger ammonts.. Safe yes but with the cavet of it not being like OTC safe
I'm pretty sure the President of the United States, who has a personal physician, will have plenty of medical supervision.

Every single drug on the market has a list of side effects a mile long. They are all risk/reward. Hydroxy is no worse than most.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I take a few drugs with nasty side effects. That's why I get regular monitoring of certain things to make certain I keep on ticking. The biggest thing is the yearly liver and kidney checks. If they start showing certain signs then I have to drastically alter my medication.

If I start turning yellow, I know I have to go in and get tested immediately. Apparently, just because I tolerate the meds now, doesn't mean I always will.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Doctor in Texas that was on Youtube said she prescribed this to all her patients that has Covid 19 symptoms and all survived without going to the hospital. There is an ulterior motive for squelching the whole hydroxychloroquine thing. As soon as it came out that this stuff seemed to have a very positive effect.......it was suddenly poison and was killing people. Can't make a billion or more dollars off a vaccine if the cure has already been found and has existed for 70 years. Would big Pharmacy do something like this? Yeah, and Bill Gates and Dr Fauci would in a New York Nursing home second.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doctor in Texas that was on Youtube said she prescribed this to all her patients that has Covid 19 symptoms and all survived without going to the hospital. There is an ulterior motive for squelching the whole hydroxychloroquine thing. As soon as it came out that this stuff seemed to have a very positive effect.......it was suddenly poison and was killing people. Can't make a billion or more dollars off a vaccine if the cure has already been found and has existed for 70 years. Would big Pharmacy do something like this? Yeah, and Bill Gates and Dr Fauci would in a New York Nursing home second.
Even if HCQ can "cure" COVID, a vaccine will still be very popular with most people. The labs and Pharmaceutical companies will make a zillion dollars off this crisis not matter what. Labs already have.

There are a lot of people who will make a lot of money...Gates for sure and Fauci is getting his 15 minutes of fame and probably a nice parting gift from the Left.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of Americans have no idea that you cannot just waltz into a drug store and request some hydroxychloroquine. They wouldn't know the difference between aspirin, fertilizer, nitroglycerin, fish tank cleaner, Tide Pods, and prescription medications. It's all just to be stuffed into your mouth...right?

Has this country really devolved into a huge pile of terminally stupid people?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Well...there are seemingly thousands of people having conniption fits because Trump is taking a prescription medication. Heavens above...millions will die if they follow his example and take a PRESCRIPTION medication.

Where's my Tide Pods???

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
"If you have to be told to not drink bleach, you might be a Democrat".

...insert fish tank cleaner
...insert tide pods
...insert Drano
...insert cat box droppings
....insert battery acid
....LSD from Timothy Leary's private stash
....insert pretty much any ridiculous thing that normal people know to be bad for them. Operative word is NORMAL people

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Well, he's the POTUS; I'm sure he can get a prescription for just about anything he wants. But to take it as a preventive measure seems dumb.

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts
The politicization of this drug is absolutely ridiculous. It's been in use for 70 years. The only reason for the controversy is the fact that the President, early on, mentioned it as being possibly effective against the virus. There's an agenda in this Country that is going to push back on anything the President says.

The drug is being used around the globe as a preventative measure.

Dr Marc Siegel's comments.

·
Registered
33,886 Posts
Well, he's the POTUS; I'm sure he can get a prescription for just about anything he wants. But to take it as a preventive measure seems dumb.
There used to be bottles of it on the tables in the chow hall, meant to be taken as a malaria preventative. Many drugs are "preventative" in nature.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts