Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
His body...his choice...right Libs?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-reveals-taking-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus?fbclid=IwAR0pbN7C3aRZWq0CuWEP40oE6o9tBNBJEiL69chJW20kSdxdv1QucHhuEr8

The people on FB who are freaking out over this because it, "hasn't been proven" are the same people who are excited about a vaccine being developed in a couple of months, where it usually takes a year or so to develop.

Hydroxychloroquine has been used safely for over 70 years.
I want DJT to stay healthy and in control. HCQ has seen, and still sees much use as a preventative, and the anecdotal evidence that those who take the drug do not have the severity of symptoms that other, similar folks do if they are not on the drug.

I'm with DJT on this one. (That said, I also read much about Vitamin D as an effective preventative, and that's what I do.)

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
There used to be bottles of it on the tables in the chow hall, meant to be taken as a malaria preventative. Many drugs are "preventative" in nature.
Well, right, but I don't think there's any evidence that this particular drug works to prevent COVID symptoms before they begin. Even for alleviating symptoms once they start, the evidence is anecdotal.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well, right, but I don't think there's any evidence that this particular drug works to prevent COVID symptoms before they begin. Even for alleviating symptoms once they start, the evidence is anecdotal.
It is like taking chicken soup, it couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
363 Posts
This has about as much news value to me than if it said he was taking aspirin for a headache. I guess I fail to see the significance of the story.

If he gets Covid-19 and lives. It does not mean taking HCQ helped.

If he gets Covid-19 and dies. It does not mean takeing HCQ failed.

If he does not get Covid-19, it does not mean taking HCQ helped.

If he does get Covid-19 and has minor symptoms, it does not mean taking HCQ helped.

It is all anecdotal for one persons results.

·
Premium Member
7,373 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Do a search for "hydroxychloroquine prophylactic covid"

Then limit the results to any time before Feb. 28, 2020.

Apparently the medical community and news organizations were very open minded about this particular drug. I wonder why it became such a controversial issue????

https://www.google.com/search?q=hydroxychloroquine+prophylactic+covid&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnt&tbs=cdr:1,cd_min:1/1/2020,cd_max:2/29/2020&tbm=
I think it might be because it is cheap and readily available so the right people will not make a lot of money from it. Those same people developed side effects for it. That is just my guess.

·
Premium Member
7,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
The drug is not a "CURE" but has been shown to reduce the severity of the COVID symptoms, primarily the inflammation and speed of replication. It's not like you can walk into the local CVS and buy it OTC. If someone is dumb enough to try the fish tank cleaner, there's a Darwin award waiting for them.

·
Premium Member
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Do a search for "hydroxychloroquine prophylactic covid"

Then limit the results to any time before Feb. 28, 2020.

Apparently the medical community and news organizations were very open minded about this particular drug. I wonder why it became such a controversial issue????

https://www.google.com/search?q=hydroxychloroquine+prophylactic+covid&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnt&tbs=cdr:1,cd_min:1/1/2020,cd_max:2/29/2020&tbm=
I think it's because Trump first mentioned it in one of his COVID talks. If Trump says something, the Liberals have to say the opposite...it's in their DNA.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I think it's because Trump first mentioned it in one of his COVID talks. If Trump says something, the Liberals have to say the opposite...it's in their DNA.
Yeah and Spewlosi said hes too old and Morbidly Obese to risk taking that drug.
If a Republican said that about a democrat....All hell would break loose.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Unfortunately, Ms Spewlosi is pickled. The booze has done her in.

The old saying..."the pot calling the kettle black" always comes to mind.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Have you noticed she never blinks her eyes and her lips never move when she spews?
Too much Botox!
When I worked part-time in a funeral home, I saw corpses that looked more alive than her. Seriously.

·
Registered
896 Posts
She will get torn apart if anybody is smart enough to ask her exactly what she has done.
Other than trying to make black rifles illegal....She has nothing.
Yes, but I don't think that matters anymore. We also said that about Obama....what had he done? He gave a good speech....and then they got him elected in Illinois to the Senate where we again asked what he had done. He still got elected and then they did it again.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
A few things about Hydroxychloroquine.

One, it is not a cure. It does however, seem to stop the cytokine storm that is going on in one's body that is throwing all your organs out of function and letting them fail. This allows one's own body to fight the infection better. Using it before being infected seems to prevent to the infection from taking hold. There are countries where the citizens take Hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic against malaria. Those countries have had much smaller numbers of infections than countries that do not worry about malaria.

Two, while it has side effects, they are well known as this drug is used to treat conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis and others with few issues. If you are going to take it, have your Doctor in the loop.

Three, there is a difference between Hydroxychloroquine and Chloroquine, especially the type used in fish tank cleaner. Fish tank cleaner also contains other harsh chemicals that are poisonous. Don't take fish tank cleaner. Duh!

Four, my sister, an RN in a Covid-19 ward in Florida saw firsthand how Hydroxychloroquine along with Zinc seem to stop the infection in its tracks and the person begins to heal. She also says that it must be given as soon as possible. She said if you waited until the patient needed to be put on a vent, it became a race just to keep them alive. My sister is furious over the BS she hears on the news. She cannot speak out as they have been warned that they would be fired if they spoke out to the media.

This virus is no joke. It can kill you. Or, you may not even know you have it or have had it. It's kind of weird that way.

But, our Dear Leaders are not responding in a manner that is consistent with good science, that is where the hoax is.

They are using this virus as a means to establish the groundwork for a more authoritarian government, IMHO.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts