Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Ross J-frame ankle holster today (8-19). I'm using this as a BUG, FYI. Does anyone have "more confortable" carry tips?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I use ankle for R9 sometimes with a Pro-Tech ankle rig. Ankle is never comfortable for me - but it works.

For a J frame tho - and comfort - well ideal, if it was not bug, would be (for me) belt slide hi ride. Much as I have and used for SP-101.

Otherwise re a bug - I guess with suitable pockets and pocket holster - that can work and be not too uncomfortable.

So much depends on how things fit and the clothing in use - and even body size/weight etc.

Only BUG I find totally comfortable is ''Mr Mouse'' - NAA mini in vest pocket!

·
Registered
862 Posts
I sometimes carry my J-frame in a ancle holster. Especaly on hot days where Im not wearing much clothing. At first it felt very awkward. The more I use the holster, the less it bothers me. Just make sure it fits snug on your leg. The only thing that bothers me now is the lack of accesibility.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
I have a Galco ankle holster and I find it reasonably comfortable. The issue I have with ankle holsters is that they slide down my ankle and become unconfortable and exposed.

However, since I prefer to wear short boots (just above the ankle) I find that the top of the boot stops the ankle holster's downward slide. Galcos also come with a strap the goes around the upper calf, just under the knee, and attaches to the holster to keep it up. I don't like that so much - I feel it too much.

My preference in my "ankle" gun also helps. I carry a S&W model 340, .38 spcl. +P, AL frame with Titanium cylinder. The thing only weighs 11 oz; a bit more loaded.

Then we need to remember that carrying a gun will never be as comfortable as not carrying a gun, but not carrying a gun will never be as comforting as carrying a gun.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
I occasionally carry my PT 140 on the ankle. O.K. but a bit large and heavy with full mag. I don't really like the accesability and comort level of a ankle holster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts