Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is, my TT Gunleather holster! It's a High Ride Pancake (shark trim) for my Beretta 92G-SD, tough to find a maker for it, but Tim jumped right on the job and had it to me quickly.

Now I know others are in the queue waiting for their TT Gunleather holster. I have to reveal a compassionate side to Tim and ask that you understand how I jumped ahead in line.

I’m again in treatment for multiple myeloma (cancer of the bone marrow) and am always at risk of heading downhill in terms of strength and fatigue. In fact, I was in a tough spot last fall, with hospice care being recommended…then in January made a miraculous comeback. So, even though I’m feeling strong today, I may not be up to carrying/shooting shortly due to some planned treatment. So Tim jumped on my order to help assure that I can enjoy this holster as soon as possible.

The shooting community is made up of the greatest people on earth, and Tim Thurner is one of them…thanks, Tim.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Wow that is an awesome thing...our community is one of the tightest and overall nicest I have had the pleasure dealing with. God bless you and your family...and we all send up prayers I am sure.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
You can go to the front of the line anytime. My sympathies and I hope you get a lot of use out of that great holster.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Ditto I'll give you my place in line anytime as well. Thanks Tim for helping him out and our prayers are with you Jimmy. Please keep us posted on your condition.

·
Registered
296 Posts
That's a great looking holster. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
All the best. I'll say a prayer for you to enjoy a long healthy life.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Very nice indeed. Keep up the good fight veteran, you are in our prayers.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Very cool holster! The heart and compassion of Tim can not be understated!

It was a very nice gesture! We definitely have the best community here.

Good luck Jim in your fight! We are pulling for you and have you in our prayers.

Enjoy that fine rig you have there. Very beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thank all of you for your well-wishes. Not to make this all about me, but the current treatment is working, so when my platelet count improves I'll be a candidate for a Mayo Clinic clinical trial which I hope to begin this fall. I'm fairly strong now, but that trial will take me down for at least a full month I'm told.

And, yes, I've been wearing the new holster. First time I've had such a high-riding holster and I'm finding it quite comfy, being able to wear it more forward than usual, at 3:30 or 3. It's a great design!

Thanks again, Tim!

·
Registered
541 Posts
very nice, and I wish you the best....

I too have been longing for a holster from TT, just havent put an order in yet.... I kick myslef everyday for not putting an order in everyday...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thoughts and Prayers for a full and speedy recovery. That is a beautiful rig and I hope you get many years of use and enjoyment out of it. :hand10:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was one of those who waited and I am proud that I did. My TT is great also. I'll have to get a pic of it up!

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Just saw this thread...sorry to hear of your situation.
What a beautiful piece of leather work...very nice!:yup:

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
My TT might finally come this month but seriously, I don't mind waiting just a little longer so you could get yours quicker! Get well bro. :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Just got an e-mail from Tim... he's working on it now! :danceban:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts