Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have an MTAC on order, and currently carry in a G26 in a Blackhawk (cheapy) IWB holster that has worked fine, but I'm really looking forward to my MTAC arriving.

Anyway, how do tuckable holsters work? If the shirt is tucked in, what does it hold on to? Is there something special to put inside your shirt or pants when tucked?

Any pictures that show how it works?

Sorry, but I've searched and never really found a good explanation.

Would I be able to carry with say Dockers and a Polo style shirt tucked in with the right holster?

·
Registered
506 Posts
CarGunGuy,

Here are some photos of my single-tab tuckable from Ted Blocker. Picture's worth a thousand!

The basic holster:

The shirt tucks in like this:

With the pants in place, it looks like this:

Then the belt goes over it and everything vanishes:

My belt has Velcro on the backside allowing a truly "invisible" attachment to the belt, but even simple tabs vanish more than one would expect. It's a very discreet carry method.

Your MTAC, of course, is a double tab rather than a single tab, which means there are two attachment points to the belt. That increases stability and (often but not always) improves comfort. You'll also be leaving a visible hook or loop on the belt, depending on the attachment style you chose -- but as I said, those vanish very nicely in most cases. You won't be unhappy with it.

The draw is just like drawing from a closed-front concealment garment: rip the shirt up, plant your hand on the grip securely, and draw. Takes some practice, but as long as you don't skimp on that you'll be fine.

pax

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool! Thanks! I couldn't get my head around how it worked.

Do you recommend that holster?

I have a G19, 26, and 27. I think with this style it would have to be a subcompact model.

·
Registered
506 Posts
CGG,

I've used this holster for over a year now, wearing it very nearly every day, and highly recommend it. The Ted Blocker folks make good quality gear.

Because of the Velcro, it does require the matching belt. Not a problem for me, but if you are already set up with a good belt it might be a deal killer. If not, the combo purchase was a good deal.

pax

·
Registered
90 Posts
I use an mtac with the Velcro connectors. Slacks and nice button down shirts or polos, the mtac is invisable. Great holster

·
Registered
90 Posts
CGG,

I've used this holster for over a year now, wearing it very nearly every day, and highly recommend it. The Ted Blocker folks make good quality gear.

Because of the Velcro, it does require the matching belt. Not a problem for me, but if you are already set up with a good belt it might be a deal killer. If not, the combo purchase was a good deal.

pax
My mtac with velcro connectors came with extra velcro strips with adhesive so you can glue them to any belt. They just asked for you belt width so the strips will match. Works like a charm

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know. I have an MTAC on order that should arrive next week. Looks like I need to order the velcro connectors too.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
As usual, I believe Kathy knows holsters more than anyone on the forum.

·
Registered
72 Posts
+1 on the velcro. I have it with several holsters. IMO, the way to go for tuckable IWB. :hand10:
I'm going order the velcro and some of the new hooks. I been using my Minotaur just for added concealment even with my shirt untucked. Even with the clip visible, I don't think anybody notices them or cares what they are for.

·
Registered
829 Posts
that is a good set up, talk about concealed... great pics!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I had a one clip tuckable from Bullard for my Sig 238. The concept and quality were fine. But...........the clip on top of the holster (including a spacer for your shirt) made the holster too thick. I would go to draw, and the clip is attached at the bottom of the holster, so the whole affair tried to turn upside down. I never got the gun out. Maybe if I were skinny it wouldn't be a problem.
I changed to a tuckable with two clips. Much more stable, much thinner. Mine is from R. Grizzle and it's a beauty. It's the "City Slicker" in tan.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The first time I used my crossbreed as a tuckable, I was uncomfortable.
My mother-in-law was the true test....she dosen't miss anything! She had no idea.... Mission accomplished.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I am interested in this thread. I normally carry in a smart carry when I choose to tuck. I have been looking at the mtac and the 2 o clock and a few others with the various clips for tuckability. Im thinking c clips and the velcro may be the answer. I carry appendix 11 oclock posistion with smart carry and 2 o clock with others.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What was the Brand of holster that was pictured in the discussion....

I was wondering what the brand of holster was that you pictured in this thread. I'm a woman, 5'3", 120 lbs, and looking for a comfortable IWB holster for my G27. Thanks for any info you can share...

CGG,

pax

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Since we introduced the Velcro strip, the response has been great. I didn't realize how many toters used this method. Thanks for posting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts