Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with either Bullards tucables or Mitch Rosen tuckables? What I am interested in knowing is if the shirt stays tucked around the holster satisfactorily?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Anyone have experience with either Bullards tucables or Mitch Rosen tuckables? What I am interested in knowing is if the shirt stays tucked around the holster satisfactorily?
I don't know, but I will offer the opinion that, no matter who the holster maker is, a shirt staying tucked is more of function of the design of the shirt tail than of the holster.

Shirts with long tails, designed to be worn inside the pants in the first place, will stay tucked far better than short-tailed shirts that just barely extend below the belt line. Dress shirts and long-tailed polo shirts are just a couple of examples.

If the shirt is designed for outside the waist, you are going to have a problem keeping it tucked - holster or not.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its not a Mitch Rosen, but my Comp-tac Minotaur (leather body, kydex parts) stays tucked just fine, wearing proper length dress and causal shirts. I'm paranoid and check it too often, but it never seems to move enough for me to notice, much less anyone else, even after I sit in the car.

Granted, I'm usually more concerned about making sure it's un-tucked just enough to not print and cover the belt clips, but not so much as to make me look like I can't tuck my shirt properly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bullard TxCC w/ tuckable option

I should receive my Bullard TCC on Monday, since it shipped today via USPS Priority Mail. I ordered it with the tuckable belt loop option to fit my Beretta Px4 SC 9mm, my choice when wearing dress clothes and tuck a shirt. When I receive it I'll post a short review post to this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been wearing my Bullard dual carry for several days now with M&P 9C. It is great quality, but still haven't gotten the positioning just right. I wore it tucked today (for the first time) and found that it held the shirt perfectly. I was very paranoid and was checking it constantly. I ordered the belt loops, but I think I actually prefer the metal clips right now.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Clothes make the man...The right clothes, cover the holster...:yup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can't comment on the Mitch Rosen but I do own the single clip tuckable model from Bullard. As the others have said, it's more a function of the clothing you're wearing. The only times I have an issue is when the shirt that is being tucked is too short and starts to come up a little bit. Other than that, everything stays secured.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Mitch Rosen "Workman"

I've been using a Mitch Rosen WKM (Workman) for around 15 years and have had very little trouble keeping it "tucked" when I want it that way. The major factor I've found is to wear shirts designed to stay tucked in.

·
Registered
203 Posts
long-tailed polo shirts are just a couple of examples.
Ralph Lauren Polo makes excellent polos for this. I wear them all the time - high quality, last forever, and long tails for tucking into your holster. Plus, they're great if you choose not to tuck it in too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bullard TxCC holster

Well, I promised to get back with a review on this holster, so here it is. I've worn this holster for approximately 1 week now with a Beretta Px4 SC 9mm.

First, the workmanship is first rate, better than any other holster I have owned, and I've owned a few. However, I'm not too happy with the holster for reasons other than workmanship. Unfortunately, they are all due to my own choices. I can't blame Bullard.

1. Stackup -- I ordered the lined version and the tuckable belt loop option. Each of these increases the stackup dimension significantly, in addition to the weight. This unit is heavy for something concealing a subcompact pistol.
  2. Unbalanced -- By design the Texas Concealed Carry holster has a spare mag holder included in the holster. Unfortunately, the clip or belt loop, depending on your choice, are aligned on the pistol side of the holster, leaving the mag carrier off balance. This causes the holster to rotate and the mag carrier to often slip below the belt line.

As far as staying tucked, it works well, keeping in mind the above complaint about the mag carrier end of the holster slipping down. The workmanship is so good, that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Bullard product. He makes some other holsters that I wish I had chosen.

I should receive my Bullard TCC on Monday, since it shipped today via USPS Priority Mail. I ordered it with the tuckable belt loop option to fit my Beretta Px4 SC 9mm, my choice when wearing dress clothes and tuck a shirt. When I receive it I'll post a short review post to this thread.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input .... I am interested in the Kydex clips that Bullards offers on the Tuckable IWB. Any experience with that set-up and would the Kydex clips blend well on a black shark belt?
Thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts