Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here uses or tried a Tucker "the Answer" holster? I was specifically wondering if it is more comfortable than your typical Crossbreed, Galco, Old Faithful, etc? Does it have a extra layer of leather backing? I have an Old Faithful holster that I think is good but am looking for possible replacements. I do wish it had a little bit more padding and the Tucker holster looks like it has an extra layer of leather that I feel would pad more than just the single layer on most. Hopefully someone here has some first hand experience and can give their opinion. I also like the idea of the leather lining option on the kydex side but wonder how much thickness does it add?

I am also considering Comp-Tac Minotaur since it has a partial extra backing.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I can't answer your question about "The Answer", I'm afraid.:danceban: But the Garrett Solo and Fusion holsters have well padded backings.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have one for my 1911. Workmanship is fantastic. It has a suede backing. It has a smaller footprint than a CBST but it seems comfortable to me. I'd buy another if I needed one. I also have a CBST for my G29SF and a Theis for my HK45C and my Smith 1076/1066. They are all comfortable. The workmanship on the Tucker is the best though.

Another plus is you can order the Kydex with a leather lining for 15 bucks extra. I did and it's worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have one since they first came out for 1911a1. Really like it and is one of my favorites and like it better than the crossbreed. I really loved it for my PF9. Would like to have one for my Sig P250 and S&W K-frame snub.

I also really like the quality of the Tucker Answerer.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have one since they first came out for 1911a1. Really like it and is one of my favorites and like it better than the crossbreed. I really loved it for my PF9. Would like to have one for my Sig P250 and S&W K-frame snub.

I also really like the quality of the Tucker Answerer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts