Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.. Just seeing if anyone from Tucson knows if it is legal to carry at the Tucson Rodeo Grounds.. I've never been there (in years) and don't know if they have signs posted or not,.. I cannot find anything on there websit about it either.. If you know, please post up... Thanks..

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I should have stated it this way.. Does anyone know if there is signs posted,. OR if they have security at the gate that wand you as you pass??

Yes,. Arizona did change the laws,.. :)

I have know idea if there is drinks served in that place? I it really outdoors??

·
Banned
2,736 Posts
I guess I should have stated it this way.. Does anyone know if there is signs posted,. OR if they have security at the gate that wand you as you pass??

Yes,. Arizona did change the laws,.. :)

I have know idea if there is drinks served in that place? I it really outdoors??
I was there a few years ago for the dachshund races. There was no security at the gate but it really was an offhand event. There was no alcohol sold though I think they do during rodeo. I don't remember any signs posted but I also don't remember whether I left my XD in the car...

If you don't get a definitive answer, I sometimes drive by on my way to work and I can look for signs.
What event are you planning on attending?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
check state law with attorney general's office on line. I don't know Arizona law, but do know it would be illegal in Texas as "Professional Sporting Events" are off limits to CHL - signs are NOT necessary. The alcohol thing would not be an issue in Texas, unless 51% or more revenue was generated at the "establishment" for "on premesis consumption".

State laws vary widely, and often after recent legislation has been enacted. I would want to check the AG's office for current regulations.

just my opinion

surv

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was there a few years ago for the dachshund races. There was no security at the gate but it really was an offhand event. There was no alcohol sold though I think they do during rodeo. I don't remember any signs posted but I also don't remember whether I left my XD in the car...

If you don't get a definitive answer, I sometimes drive by on my way to work and I can look for signs.
What event are you planning on attending?
Thanks,. I don't live on that side of town, although if I didn't get any answers I was planning on driving to see next week.. Looking at the Tournament of Destruction thing they have the first week in September,.

·
Banned
2,736 Posts
I drove by the rodeo grounds this morning. I didn't get a real close look because the parking lot gates were closed but there were no obvious signs posted.

Yes, it is outside. Unless alcohol is being served you are good to carry. Have a great time!

·
Banned
2,736 Posts
I drove by the rodeo grounds this morning. I didn't get a real close look because the parking lot gates were closed but there were no obvious signs posted.

Yes, it is outside. Unless alcohol is being served you are good to carry. Have a great time!
I retract my post. I had the opportunity to drive by again today. This time I noticed a sign near where there seems to be a pedestrian entrance. From the road it appeared there was a large NO on the left sign and a list of prohibited items on the right.

I have no idea if guns were listed but be prepared to leave you gun in your car (or motorcycle.)

Sorry for the news...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts