Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it about turning 40?!?

I've had my CCW for six years, and never once "forgot" my pistol.

I turned forty on Tuesday, and twice this week I've arrived at my office, only to find I left my G27 at home on the nightstand!

Coincidence? Anyone else ever "forget" to pack your piece before leaving home in the morning? (Now I'm getting paranoid about this turning forty thing.)

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Yeah i have done it and also had to turn around because i realized my Permit was in my work van and not in my pocket opps ... I just turned 30 last nov so it does happen ..

Also its really bad when you leave with holster on and spare Ammo and no Gun

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I actually have to remember to NOT bring it everywhere I go... almost walked in the building the other day. I would have looked really funny to an observer as I stretched out my arm to open the door and then immediately turned back LOL.

·
Registered
641 Posts
What is it about turning 40?!?
I just turned 69 and, let me tell you, it doesn't get much better. Gettin' old just ain't for sissies:argue:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, I left mine on the nightstand on the day the cleaning service lady came. Freaked her out, she called my wife and asked her what to do. Peg said just leave it there, he already missed it I'm sure. Went home at lunch and got it.

Wait til 50, won't get any better. By the way, I turned 50 today.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Have forgotten my permit , but never my gun.

·
Banned
151 Posts
I found that when I was washing up in bathroom and put my carry weapon under a small table out of sight. I would almost everytime leave the room and find later I only had the empty holster for protection.

What I now do is lay the weapon on floor so it's always in sight. This has worked for me.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
FrontSight said:
Yes, I left mine on the nightstand on the day the cleaning service lady came. Freaked her out, she called my wife and asked her what to do. Peg said just leave it there, he already missed it I'm sure. Went home at lunch and got it.

Well Hey HAPPY BIRTHDAY

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not yet. 56 yr old. Have had to take the wife hers several times. Like Rocky, I realized one day I did not have my billfold. OOPS. If my pants are on my pistol is on.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
I left my G27 at home on the nightstand!
:eek: Shame on you Brian!!! Eternal shame! Small point tho - was it safe from being got at?

Hey - this ''40'' thing - no excuse (where is the flagellation smilie!). Does not wash - go write 500 times - ''I must never go out without my piece'' :18:

I must admit - if I did take mine on and off - I daresay at near 61 I too could forget it. However - my dedication is 16/7 and it is always on my side - that way I cannot forget and should it ever be required no chance of reaching down to an empty rig!!

Let the piece be like a wristwatch - on in morn' - off at night :smile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh and FrontSight - Happy Birthday to you Sir! :smile:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Happy Birthday FrontSight

FrontSight said:

So far I have not fogotten my gun. I do feel strange without it and I hate when I travel to other states that don't allow me to carry. :frown:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Happy birthday Frontsight! Gettin older is always better then the alternative!

·
Administrator
144,144 Posts
haha

As long as you don't ever forget where you put it! :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
longtooth said:
Not yet. 56 yr old. Have had to take the wife hers several times. Like Rocky, I realized one day I did not have my billfold. OOPS. If my pants are on my pistol is on.
Just be sure not to forget your pants. :embarassed:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I'm waiting for the day that I can't remember the combination to my gunsafe...:dead:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
I'm waiting for the day that I can't remember the combination to my gunsafe..
That Rick is why I make sure my Oxy-acetylene cylinders are not left empty - they are sorta concealed but might be needed one day :18:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
"Now where did I leave that oxy-acetylene torch?" :rofl:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
P95Carry said:
Small point tho - was it safe from being got at?
Hmmm...at the risk of being VERY politically incorrect...

I am not of the school of thought that says all guns must be unloaded and locked up at all times. Most American families grew up around guns, and there were few "gun accidents" in the days when guns were part of every day family life.

Since my kids were old enough to comprehend what a toy gun is, I've been teaching them the difference between toy guns and real guns. And since they were old enough to safely shoot a real gun, they've been doing so. And I've spent many nights tearing down my different guns, showing them how they work and function. And since we homeschool, they also memorized the basics of gun safety from an early age.

My kids are not "curious" about guns. They know them and how they work, and they know what they are for.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts