Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First a little about myself. I'm 6'4", 225-235 lbs (depending on donut availability). I'm in my fifties (not saying witch end). For years I had to really shop around for shoes and boots because most were just too tight. Then my brother gave me some Red Wings he didn't like and they fit perfect. I commented on the comfort and told him the troubles I usually had finding footwear that fit in a 12D. He said "uh, those are 13D." OK! I'm a 13D and can find shoes everywhere! You catching what I'm throwing? I'm a dummy. Yep, a real bonafide, certified and proven dumb butt.
Now to the holster part. I've spent $1000 (at least) and have a beautiful collection of OWB holsters from most of the big names in the biz and more on order. Some for pistols and revolvers I plan buying. I also have a DM Bullard IWB clip holster for almost all my handguns to protect them in the case and because I really like leather goods. Last month, after a week of no donuts I slipped on some camo cargo shorts for work (self employed and will wear whatever I want, thank you). This particular pair I bought by mistake as they are a 38" instead of my usual 36" but still sorta fit. There was a Glock 27 in a Bullard IWB on the nightstand and I decided to try it. Wore it all day and night until bedtime. Forgot I had it on! So for all my poo pooing IWB holsters, turns out I should have been poo pooing 36" pants!!:danceban::danceban::danceban::danceban:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm with you. I had a friend that works leather as a hobby make me IWB holsters for both my G26 and Kimber Custom. I've stuck with 38" pants even though I wear 36" and now wear almost all of my shirts outside the pants. This was harder to get use to than wearing the pistol.

And I'd never go to any other holster!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Pretty funny post, gotta say that ''Red Wing is king'' in footwear.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Great Post King daddy! :hand10:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Kingdaddyoyh..
Love the Red Wing boots but....ya lost me at the Glock 27 part of the story.:wink:

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's amazing what the correct size footwear and pants will do to ones disposition.

Thanks for the laugh.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Great read King daddy!

Like I always tell people about holsters you have to find out where and how the holster wants to be worn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts