Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure most or rather some if not a few of you recall Bumper and I talking about our respective dry fire devices we acquired at the SHOT Show. Well Mrs. FedEx (Who is a cutey) dropped off a package for moi today.

My BeamHit 190 PMTS system arrived. It is a system where you place a laser device inside the front of the bbl and sight it in and then let it rip. It tabulates 30 rd dry fire sessions. I did 5 of these sessions and damn if my posterior deltoids are not fried. I did a few quick presentations (from the waist, not in a holster) and I shot pretty well.

The following are pics I took this evening.

~A

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man I have not felt the Christmas ruch in quite some time, well since X-mas. This is a pic of the case. It is wicked sturdy.

~A

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic of the pimp fridge, and oh yeah the BeamHit with a shameless plus for the website I frequent all too much, LOL. Gives you an idea of the size of the BeamHit 190 system. There is a optic device the monitors where the laser strikes the target and then registers it onto the Beamhit program on the computer.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a pic of the monitor of my laptop with my having just completed a 30 shot dry fire string. Don't mind the wallpaper, it is motivation for my next pistol acquisition a la Nighthawk Custom.

The program measures time between shots and all sorts of other functions I have yet to figure out cause it is against my religion to read directions. :sport42: :rofl: :hand29:

~A

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a close up of the screen shot. I shot from a distance at or about 15 yds (my living room spills into my kitchen) After about the 5th string of dry firing my shoulders were getting taxed :weightlif . This ain't easy. I am glad I went with this system as it also has a trace function that can let you monitor the amount of muzzle movement.

My wife took a shot at it and loved it as well. :AR15firin

On that note, we took out an MP5(FA) last night and I got some vid of her going fully auto. I need to brush up on my Adobe Premiere skills and than compress the vid and let you all take a peak.

~A

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Of course, Mr FedEx (hairy and far from a "cutie") didn't drop off my Bullite again today. The BeamHit looks pretty cool and I saw somewhere that they have one model that has the laser contained completely within the barrel like the Bullite. If I remember correctly it was pretty pricey. Damn another computer gadget I may have to have. But a new 1911 comes first. :icon_mrgr

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumper, I asked Roger Ransom of Beamhit which laser emitting device he recommends and he said the one that affixes itself to the front of the bbl. I asked why. When he asked how many pistols we own and then explained the simpilcity of adjusting POI/POA, we opted for the external option. We have interchanged it between 3 pistols so far and the ability to adjust the POI/POA is so ungodly fast. I highly recommend if you have some discretionary funds laying aroudn and want to increase your trigger pull and accuract work, this is a must have item. I need to take a few pics of this affixed to our pistols. I am also ordering one for .223 to practice with my AR's

~A

·
Registered
615 Posts
Went to Beamhit website looking for info and pricing....no pricing shown, but I was blown away when I saw the L-3 Communications logo....crap, I work for L-3 and didn't know this was one of our divisions.....will have to check into "employee discounts"...cool system and I especially like being able to use something like that indoors on those (too frequent lately) rainy days!

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
APachon

Thanks Much for the photos. Neat! That would be great to have at home.
Maybe I missed this somehow but (for instance) when shooting with a 1911...Do you need to thumb cock the hammer for each shot? How does that work? What activates the beam?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes QK you need to thumb cock the hammer after each round. Those with DA pistols can just keep pulling on the trigger if you would like.

Wife and I are looking at the 390 system now. That thing looks to be amazing.

QKShooter said:
Thanks Much for the photos. Neat! That would be great to have at home.
Maybe I missed this somehow but (for instance) when shooting with a 1911...Do you need to thumb cock the hammer for each shot? How does that work? What activates the beam?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts