Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was two years ago, but I just became aware of it through the VCDL and I though people might find it amusing. NBC 4 TV in Columbus, OH, shows a demo of "the destructive power of an AR-15" by shooting a watermelon. Except the gun used in the video is a common pump shotgun. I know the MSM is ignorant about guns, but this is an amazing low. I checked the station's website and even though they list video reports from two years ago, this is no longer there. They probably got a ton of blowback from their viewers.

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
Sadly, I think that is the pinnacle of achievement we can expect from journalists. It ranges from there down...way, way down. I truly believe most of them have trouble reading, writing, spelling, adding 2+2, and even tying their shoelaces without significant assistance. :embarassed:

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Sadly, I think that is the pinnacle of achievement we can expect from journalists. It ranges from there down...way, way down. I truly believe most of them have trouble reading, writing, spelling, adding 2+2, and even tying their shoelaces without significant assistance. :embarassed:
But they're self-esteem is high (which was the main goal of public school)!

·
Super Moderator
16,358 Posts
They made no mistake, they flat out lied but shooting a watermelon with a 12ga is far more spectacular than shooting it with a varmint round.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Doesn't matter. The damage to the RKBA was done the minute that footage aired. The spectacular image of the watermelon exploding is stuck in the minds of the uninformed and fearful forever.

Causing shock and fear is what propaganda crap is intended to do. Plus it is very very effective. And the anti gunners know there is no defense the gun community can offer to stop it because no amount of actual facts will remove that spectacular image of a watermelon exploding from the minds of those who saw it.

·
Registered
34,547 Posts
Crap like that got Dan Rather canned...

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
Not a mistake. These are dangerous people.
I heard the ghost of this character is under consideration as the new public relations man for the Democratic National Convention:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1968-101-20A,_Joseph_Goebbels.jpg

Joseph Goebbels. You might remember him better with his pal.

16672063_401.jpg

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
What will happen to the world if the US goes under?

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Today ABC aired footage from a Kentucky shooting range and said it was Turkey attacking Syria. In the eyes of the media, it’s always better to put out what they want people to believe, and apologize later when they get caught.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts