Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like reading the true “Armed Citizen” success stories like in American Rifleman. I’d really like a Reality Reenactment TV show of same true stories. Maybe the NRA and others could sponsor one to aire every now and then?

Anyone else here like that idea?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
That's the first section I turn to when the mag comes in the mail. The “Armed Citizen” is the best part & would make a great show! I'm IN.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Figure out a way to produce a promotional show at the level required for broadcast and pitch it to PBS or Versus. Sort of a "this old house" kinda thing.

Not cheap but you might be able to get a gov grant and some private sponsorship to pay most of it.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
I'd like to see armed responses to the bad villains in the Jason , Texas Chainsaw etc. movies where an armed citizen stops the fear and loathing is short order. But then, the movies in question would only last a couple of minutes!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I sure would like to see something like that also, but you and me both know the anti's would be out in force hitting every cancel button on every network they could to where just maybe some local network with a viewing audience of 237 people would watch it because it could not be broadcast out of that area.

Other then that aspect of it, I'm all for it, but I'm afraid were going to have to wait till the next administration to make a pitch for it.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Me! Cop/soldier/pilot/mercenary/Spec Ops/secret agent...costarring with Hollywood cuties who are willing to do their womanly duties while we have fun with guns.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I would like a show like that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yep. Something like that. I'd watch it.

I like watching The First 48 because it is based on real-life instances of catching the bad guy. Unfortunately, The First 48 only starts after someone has lost their life.

It would be good to see a show that recapped real-life accounts where the good guys were able to defend themselves. Kind of in the format of that show about people who should be dead but survived -- I can't remember what it's called -- I Survived? I Shouldn't Be Alive? Something like that.

·
Registered
631 Posts
NO!
PBS is as liberal as they get. They are anti-gun.
Versus is owned by GE and they got pulled off Direct TV over fees.

You need a sponsor. Firearms.

Are you talking about the Obama government? Good luck.
I have seen "hunting" shows on PBS. I have also seen a lot of "gun shows" on Versus. Either network appears to be fairly openminded on broadcast subjects.

Grants are given on the basis of funding availability, the need, and the quality of the grant request. The subject isn't really considered except as part of "the need" for the project. Base the grant on crime statistics and not "guns."

Yes, the Obama administration. They are OUR government are they not? To say that the networks are against us, the government grant program is against us, and the government itself is against us essentially says "why try, you'll just fail anyway" and then give up.

If no one tries, then how do we know it can't be done?

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I've had the same thought a time or two. I would watch that show and I hate TV.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I'd watch it...I'd probably even record it on the DVR...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'd just like to see a remake of the alarm company commercials....you know, the ones where someone breaks in and the alarm company calls to see if she's alright.

Company: This is xxxxx Alarm Company. Is everything allright?
Customer: thanks for calling- someone broke in and I need an ambulance. Please get off the line so I can call 911 to report an attempted home invasion.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Outdoor TV's "Wednesday Night at the Range" would be a good place.

But I do wish they showed the shows more than just on Wed. Repeats during the week would be good. I mean seriously, how much hunting can you watch..that is all they show.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
No mention of the intruders, is there? Did he at least wound that one with the shotgun? Giving a fair warning might be nice and legal and polite, if it does not cost you your life. Still, great job for a 16-year-old boy. I'd like to see more shows like this "Crime Strike TV".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts