Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard about a new, gun-related, 6 part series on Showtime next month. Figured some of you might be interested!:smile:

SHOWTIME IS READY TO "LOCK 'N LOAD"
New Original Series Premieres Wednesday, October 21st at 8 PM ET/PT

LOS ANGELES, CA (September xx, 2009) In America, people from all walks of life decide to buy guns: for home protection, for sport, for their growing collections the reasons are as diverse as the customers who are profiled in the upcoming new series LOCK 'N LOAD premiering Wednesday, October 21st at 8 PM ET/PT on SHOWTIME. The six-part, half-hour reality series offers viewers a fly-on-the-wall look at "The Shootist" gun store in Englewood, Colorado, where expert gunslinger Josh T. Ryan is always ready to close a sale as customers, both male and female and of all ages, steadily stream in.

The series offers viewers a politically neutral peek into this family-owned gun store's daily interactions between Ryan, the inherently charming and knowledgeable salesman, and the store's most fascinating customers. The hidden camera, revealed after the transaction is completed, insures a particularly candid and revealing take on why we buy them.

LOCK 'N LOAD is executive produced by Authentic Entertainment, with Tom Rogan and Lauren Lexton serving as executive producers.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
I worry when they have to tell you that it is "politically neutral".

Worth checking out but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Propaganda from Follywood?
A real chance that it is objective? I am skeptical.

Of course, I don't have Showtime, so I'll have to wait for all y'all's reviews, or for the book to come out.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Neutral. Yeah, right. Just like "NatGeo" Alaska Troopers trailer, where the announcer with the ominous voice states "....where every citizen could be armed....".

It is forever embedded in the liberal Hollywood mind that guns are evil.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'll give Showtime's claim of "politically neutral" a little more credence than most of the others. After all, they are the same network who runs Penn & Teller's "Bull****".

Now as for NatGeo...

·
Banned
265 Posts
I just watched the previews that Imatt shared. I think this is going to be a hoot!

DVR is set!

·
Registered
341 Posts
great concept. i look forward to watching it. yut.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sweet! Getting ready to get cable and showtime is free for the first year. Definitely going to have to check it out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So was anyone able to catch the show? How was it?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I watched it and here's what I got out of it.

It's not so much about the guns and the sales and all of that. It is more about the people, interactions with different types of shooters. Talking a little BS with the guys. People bringing their stories, anecdotes, and reasons for wanting a firearm.

Not what I expected, not a bad concept though. It gives a real intimate look at the everyday people who come in and out of the shop. It doesn't highlight any of the stereotypes that the antis assume are buying the guns. It's real everyday normal people like business owners and grandmothers.

It also doesn't present either side as being "right". Which is kind of cool. Allows people to draw their own conclusions. It definitely isn't preaching anything to you. It's all done via hidden cameras inside the shop. It's not presented as a TV show, but a collection of various interactions with the customers. The people crack jokes & have a bit of fun. It's not political by any means. The shop owner never talks to the camera and explains anything to you. The show allows people to be a "fly on the wall" so to speak and observe objectively.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
But didn't you think the shop owner was leading them?

·
Registered
245 Posts
It appears to be on the History Channel on our cable (BrightHouse) begining at 10PM, with another episode at 11PM.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
It appears to be on the History Channel on our cable (BrightHouse) begining at 10PM, with another episode at 11PM.
Different Lock n Load...with R. Lee Ermey. But still a very good program.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts