Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Retired military. Pleased with the forum and the time it took for some to receive their license. As retired military with no criminal background my application was expedited so please don't judge your time by the speed that my application was processed. Are you ready? Start to finish and license approved - are you sure you're ready???? 188 days. That's right one hundred eighty eight days of delay. Hope no one else receives expedited military processing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome from GA! That sounds pretty bad, I think mine came in within 30 days.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Welcome to the forum. 188 days is certainly longer than one would expect to take for the issuance of a license. Was there any explanation? I'm not familiar with Florida's process so I can't judge the length of time. Some states that have "shall issue" provisions also include a maximum length of delay in issuance, so that when you reach the time limit a temporary permit is issued.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I think I got my first one between 30 and 60 days, but that was 20 years ago.

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
Thats stranged. I have a permit through FL, military as well and I think I got mine in like 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi! And thank you for your service to this great nation.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Hi Twining! Welcome to the forum from Texas. This is a great place to learn and to share! I carry a 3rd Gen Glock 30 SF. Congrats on deciding to learn more about defensive carry and firearms and making the decision to protect yourself and your loved ones.

I'm glad you're here.

Thank you for your service to our country!

Re: permit wait time - good things come to those who wait!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Welcome from GA.

·
Registered
943 Posts
42 days here in the great state of Miss'ippi. Of course I didn't get the expedited...

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Thanks for your service...:usa:
Sorry for your delay...that's very unusual here in Florida.
I know many who have received their licenses here, and the times vary from two weeks (at a regional office) to 8 weeks.
Is there more to your story? Did they refuse your fingerprints? Did you call FL's AG office after a couple of months?

RET :31:

·
Super Moderator
16,771 Posts
Welcome to the forum, my permit took about six weeks but that was due to having to resubmit fingerprints (poor ridge detail and hard to get decent prints).

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
A retired Soldier welcomes you from Wisconsin!

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Texas.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts

Welcome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please let me expand on my post of 8-4-2016. After waiting 86 days I contacted them to check on the status of my application. I was told someone would be assigned to work on my application that very afternoon and my application would hopefully be issued that same day. Never happened! 4 days later (90 day time period) they posted that my fingerprints were illegible and must be retaken. Went back to the regional office and had them redo my fingerprints. My application was then expedited and it only took them 60 days to post that again my fingerprints were illegible and my application was sent to the FBI for a name search and that my application would be TEMPORARILY delayed. FBI did an outstanding job and completed their investigation in a minimum amount of time. So, after 188 days my license was approved. By the way, lest I forget - when I asked about veterans receiving expedited processing I was told that applications are handled in order of date received. I would be less than honest if I didn't say that I was very disappointed with the processing of my application.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts