Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long wait we finally got 2 LCP's!:danceban: One for me and one for my husband. I tried to get one last Christmas but the stack of papers on the wait list was 3" deep at the local gun store. We took them out to the range just before the snow storm was moving in and ran 50 or so rounds through them. Good accuracy, recoil was very manageable and no problems with various types of ammo.:hand10:
I was so excited, just like Christmas when I was a kid! We shot good groups although the very first round was so far off where I aimed. The trigger takes a bit to get used to. I remembered reading others on the fourm mentioning that slow fire wasn't the best with these type of pistols so I just squeezed quickly but steadily from one shot to the next and then had 2" groups at around 7-9' away. Seems to be a great little pistol and so small and concealable. From what I've read, Hornady Critical Defense or CorBon are good rounds for carry. WooHoo, what a fun day!!!!!!:king:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
My wife's carry is a Kel Tec P3AT which the LCP was basically copied from. She really likes it and shoots it well. What is very nice is it is very concealable and powerful for its size being 380 acp. Good luck on finding good CD ammo and congregations on the new LCPs.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the twins... :congrats:

Remember:

:worthless:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Double the pleasure, double the fun...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I think 2 people carrying the same gun makes a lot of sense. Yes the triggers do take some getting used to.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still love them, I've carried Elsie a lot of places. :yup:Haven't gone out to the range as much as I'd like:frown:-I want some 380 ammo for Christmas! Also still looking for the Hornday Critical Defense. Oh well.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
RE: The critical defense ammo - I had to wait for two months for my CD ammo order to come off of backorder. Just came in today actually. Can't wait to load elsie up with something besides FMJs.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I just got some Critical Defense in the mail from Midway and will run it through this weekend!

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Congrats on the two new pistols...have fun at the range.:wave:

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Okay, I guess I just got outed for living under a rock.

Can someone explain this "Elsie" thing to me?

EDIT: Let me guess first....it's an acronym for LC (P)? Pronounced Elsie?

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
Yup..."LCP"..."Elsie Pea." Or just "Elsie."

The CD round feeds well in my wife's "Elsie." However, it fails (barely) to meet the FBI minimum penetration standard (10" instead of 12"). A good case can be made for using FMJ in .380 as a defensive load. My wife's is loaded with alternating FMJ and CD.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
:congrats: Congrats on the twins! I'm glad you love yours.

Yep, I'm now buying the wife one for Christmas present this year. She loves mine and wants one as a BUG to her SP-101 or for primary when the snubby is too much of a chunk to carry.

Yep, first thing I noticed was they are much more accurate in rapid fire. You can literally make a styrofoam coffee cup dance around on the ground with relative ease. Two inch groups at 10 feet is perfect for a gun you'll probably use at contact distance out to 7 feet.

I use the Critical Defense or Speer Gold Dots for defense and the gun has been flawless with those and all others I've put through it so far. I've got maybe 600 rounds down range so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts