Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we have had a thread on "Is a pocket gun enough".

What I'm wondering is, how many carry two pocket revolvers (or semi's).

The old "NY Reload" concept.

A couple 15 oz 5 shot S&W J frames weigh the same as a 6 shot K frame.

One on strong side pocket, and the other on the weak side (or perhaps back) pocket.

Which models do you carry?

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
When it's two J frames, they're both in back pockets. I can draw and fire them from the side they are drawn from. I can also shoot both simultaneously, if it's up close and facing multiples. Like accessing a wallet, but it's faster as I don't have to dig for them like the wallet.

·
Registered
20,097 Posts
10thmtn routinely posts about carrying 2LCP's, one in each pocket.

Its not a practice that I participate in, but I can certainly appreciate the idea behind it.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Haywood will be along in a bit. I plan to carry two on occasion. I have the LCP in my left front pocket when open carrying my woods gun. I will also carry the 380(maybe some day an airweight Smith) in a coat pocket alone or perhaps with a belt gun just because heavy winter clothing makes the draw slow for belt carry.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Haywood will be along in a bit. I plan to carry two on occasion. I have the LCP in my left front pocket when open carrying my woods gun. I will also carry the 380(maybe some day an airweight Smith) in a coat pocket alone or perhaps with a belt gun just because heavy winter clothing makes the draw slow for belt carry.
Hanging out on Pompano Beach Florida Pier since the end of Feb. Two 442s to start. Then went to Revere Gun Range and shot my 36. What a sweet shooter. Been carrying a 442 in my pocket and 36 AIWB since then. We walk everywhere we go. We try to do 5 miles a day.Cargo Shorts and a T-Shirt carrying both guns, Two Speed Loaders,Multi tool, flashlight, Pepper spray, phone, keys, wallet, through down money in money clip, and a few other miscellaneous goodies. I have to stay away from the water if I fell in I would sink out of sight.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
For me at least, the pocket gun is to make an attacker stop trying to get into the car I'm in, stop attacking me, stop trying to kick in my door, and move on somewhere else while I'm doing the same! I think of it as a longer stick. Its to move a BG away from me. And if they keep coming I have 5 to 9 good whacks that I can deliver![ depending on which pocket gun I'm carrying] I don't think carrying a second one will make me any safer. Unless like Brownie I was carrying off and onside, so that which ever hand was busy they other could draw.
DR

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Unfortunatley, not in this state. We're limited to one CCW... I can open carry as many as I want in additon to the CCW though. Stupid.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Unfortunatley, not in this state. We're limited to one CCW...
That's the saddest story I've heard since...Ol' Yeller. Sorry for your (ridiculous) geo-cultural restrictions Brother Rainsong. :mad:

Reactions: Rainsong

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Yep, most often carried option is a pair of pocketed LCPs, with a spare mag in my left rear pocket, alongside my credentials wallet.

Biggest issue with pocket carry is the lack of ambidextrous access (IMHO) and dual pocket carry eliminates this.

Folks always ask "Where do you carry everything else?" Bigskinny wallet goes in right rear, phone in a holster left side, Fenix PD22 flashlight clipped on top of that (horizontally, giving very fast access) and keys clipped to a belt loop.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
That's the saddest story I've heard since...Ol' Yeller. Sorry for your (ridiculous) geo-cultural restrictions Brother Rainsong. :mad:
It's so ironic, we are pro gun in so many ways. Open carry without a permit, car carry without a permit (concealed or visible, loaded or unloaded), not required to notify LEO in a traffic stop unless they ask, no mag restrictions etc. But somebody decided that one was enough for CC, weird.

Reactions: Old Man

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
When it's two J frames, they're both in back pockets. I can draw and fire them from the side they are drawn from. I can also shoot both simultaneously, if it's up close and facing multiples. Like accessing a wallet, but it's faster as I don't have to dig for them like the wallet.
Isn't that a bit uncomfortable to sit on???

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Isn't that a bit uncomfortable to sit on???
No. I'm not really sitting "on" them to begin with. Both are slid to the outside edge of the pockets, there's very little I'm sitting on.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I would have to sew on another pocket.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
My one 642 is way too large for pocket carry....so two would be out of the question. Mine lives in the safe 99.987876% of the time.

I love the gun, it's just useless for conceal carry and useless for the range.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts