1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Well that seems like cheating. The flip-side is "our side" probably has people that do that, too.

Reactions: Manderinobyebye

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
Brad's right. It just takes one or two douches to upset the whole system, this is why emailing your politicians is useless.

Reactions: Warrior1256

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Since we already have a "National Do Not Call" list, why not a "Do Not SPAM" list? They can send out notification in a SPAM e-mail. :redface:

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
To be more clear, it's not that two-thirds of the supporters are sneaky gits. There're likely only a couple, dedicated, sneaky gits who're causing the large disruption.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
This current regime is the most corrupt group of criminal politicians I have ever seen in my entire life.

They will use any means to propagandize and sway the public against guns.

Makes me want to puke.

Moochelle said that for the first time in her life, she is proud of her country.

I've ALWAYS been proud of my country. It's the government that is rotten.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Brad's right. It just takes one or two douches to upset the whole system, this is why emailing your politicians is useless.
I beg to disagree with you on this one. I got a written letter in responce to an email I sent a state senator.

Please don't take this wrong but I do not need faulty advice about contacting American polititions from a Canadian and I am sure vice versa you would feel the same.

I would say a written letter, then an email providing you enclude all your contact information, then a phone call in importance. Perhap the phone call over the email if you give the contact info.

·
Registered
440 Posts
This current regime is the most corrupt group of criminal politicians I have ever seen in my entire life.

Makes me want to puke.

Moochelle said that for the first time in her life, she is proud of her country.

It is truly sad that country and government are not synonymous... Alas, at one time anyway, the government was composed of the people, by the people, and worked for the people... What happened since then?

·
Registered
282 Posts

Makes me want to puke.

This is so true unfortunately. I think things would be better though if Obama, all lawmakers as well as the rest of the Governments employees couldn't be exempted or given immunity from the laws they force on the rest of us.

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
I beg to disagree with you on this one. I got a written letter in responce to an email I sent a state senator.
That's good. I'm glad you had success. I've gotten replies, too. I just don't think they're prioritized as highly as written letters or personal meetings (in the minds of a politician). There are just too many c&p website form letters available.

·
Banned
2,648 Posts
The problem we have today with our representatives, i.e. Rubio, they present their case to the likes of the people to garner support and after receiving the support they do the opposite. Rubio; I will not vote for the immigration bill unless the boarders are first secured. He voted for the bill and there is no requirement to secure the boarders before the immigration bill, if or when, it becomes law.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Here's the problem I have these days with articles like this: Anything the government (or member of govt) puts out these days I am immediately suspicious of motive/accuracy/truth -- even if it happens to agree with my viewpoint.

That's a pretty sad commentary.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I have been E-mailing my state and federal representatives on this issue. The response an occasional letter or E-mail answer and defeated legislation on the Senate floor and vetoed legislation in the Governors desk. Will those who think they know better what is good for us than we do keep trying? Yes! Will the succeed? If we get lazy!

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
If something comes up,i need to call,or,email my elected officials,i do.Thankfully,from the emails,i've got back,and talk in general,not to much worried about my state.My main concern,is what the government tries to ban.So far as spambots go,i don't pay it much attention.

There will be people on both sides of the fence,that will try almost anything,to get something out.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
This must also be how they got their 90% support gun control numbers. 90% of the imaginary people the govt made up support gun control.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
This must also be how they got their 90% support gun control numbers. 90% of the imaginary people the govt made up support gun control.
Seems like the imaginary supporters would be 100% behind, doesn't it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts