Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Texas and other border states I hope you are ready! Mexico is legalizing small amounts of drugs. For you and me this means tons of druggies are probably going to migrate down here and sit in our towns. I'm guessing they will go get high until their money runs out then come back here and pray on us. So I hope we are all carrying!

Mexico tried this a few years ago but the Bush admin said, oh no you are crazy. Do that and we will spank you. But the Drug war between the Mexican gangs is so out of control they are desperate now. Over in our sister city across the boarder, Juarez, it use to be about 8 people were being executed a week, now it is six people a day. And the killings and kidnappings are bleeding over to this side. :comeandgetsome:

I know the poor people and new American that actually come here and work hard will be hit first as they are more accessible due to having housing right on this side of the Border. But it wont be long before desperate drugies will be begging at the traffic lights and stealing from us in our target and grocery store parking lots.:tumbleweed:

I don't know about you but I'm buying my Mom a gun and getting her into a class, asap.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Can we get a reference to Mexicos change please?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
But it wont be long before desperate drugies will be begging at the traffic lights and stealing from us in our target and grocery store parking lots.:tumbleweed:
I don't imagine upstanding people will put up with much of the "in your face" category of crimes. Leastwise, not in TX. The border town, though, is about to become nastier by the day.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
That's really not a big deal,whats going to be a huge problem is all the kids on spring break going into Mexico and trying drugs because small amounts are legal now,then getting addicted and coming back with that drug addiction.
And then trying to smuggle any amount across the Border which is a Federal Felony

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's really not a big deal,whats going to be a huge problem is all the kids on spring break going into Mexico and trying drugs because small amounts are legal now,then getting addicted and coming back with that drug addiction.
And then trying to smuggle any amount across the Border which is a Federal Felony
That's true, didn't think of that.

Hmm yes, repossessed horse auctions! I'm there!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
AS a lifelong Texan, I can tell you they are already here, and have been since the 1970s.....

I don't think Mexico legalizing small amounts of marijuana is going make any difference....

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
AS a lifelong Texan, I can tell you they are already here, and have been since the 1970s.....

I don't think Mexico legalizing small amounts of marijuana is going make any difference....
I agree. :yup: :hand10:

Biker

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It's a fallen world my friends.......:frown:

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
The big problem is when they get the railroad line outta Mexico up the I-35 corridor set up.

When they closed Richards-Gubauer Air Base on the edge of Grandview, MO. back in the late 1980's it became a Civil airport. The City of Kansas City lost a lot of money and it was finally closed as an airport in 1998.

Now it is to be converted to a major railroad hub coming out of Mexico into the midwest and then on up into Canada as part of NAFTA.

When all the facilities are finally complete and the rail line is up and running they will be shipping over 250,000 cargo containers out of Mexico, totally unimpeded and non stop until they reach Grandview, Mo. They call it a "Smart Port!"

I wonder how much drugs and illegals are going to gain entry via that corridor? Non Stop from Mexico to Kansas City... Be real! It's gonna be a whole new era of drugs and illegals coming in!

When this was passed all of LEO in about 20 surrounding counties all just grunted and swallowed hard with a loud groan. Citizens fought vigorously against the rail road line, but in the end, Kansas City, big money and NAFTA won out!

From Wikipedia:
Between 1983 and 1997 the city of Kansas City lost $18 million operating the airport and in 1998, the Federal Aviation Authority approved a plan to close the airport. In 2001 the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the decision to close the airport in a suit brought by Friends of Richards-Gebauer Airport of Grandview, Missouri.

The former airport is now used as the Kansas City SmartPort for Kansas City Southern Railroad to ship cargo to and from Mexico. Several businesses, in major agreement with the City of Kansas City and the State of Missouri, are removing the old runway and facilities and building a large truck-to-rail freight center, with above-ground and underground storage. The CenterPoint-Kansas City Southern Intermodal Center will cover 1,340 acres of rail and industrial space. Phase I of the project will include 4.5 million square feet of covered industrial warehouses and distribution centers. Developer CenterPoint Properties of Chicago bought the property from the Port Authority of Kansas City, which still owns 100 acres and with Hunt Midwest Enterprises, Inc., will mine limestone and create underground storage spaces. Major transportation companies include Kansas City Southern railway and Schneider National, Inc., a truck line. Kansas City Southern's main line runs from the intermodal center at Richards-Gebauer all the way to a deep-sea Pacific port at Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico. The first phase is expected to cost $250M and when complete will be able to handle up to 250,000 shipping containers per year.

Richards-Gebauer AFB was a very nice well kept facility with modern updates including new Base Exchange prior to 1976. The golf course had been expanded and was top grade. The base even had a saddle club that included the best arena in the southern KC area. The RG Saddle Club was host to many horse shows and events including the Golden Circle Horse Show circuit. With a youth center and even an airman's club the base had a lot to offer to the active duty personnel their families and the retired that lived in the area. Today the facility is essentially abandoned, with the buildings and flightline in a deteriorating state.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
yep, same as the corridor of highways coming through Texas now

I can personally testify to the trucks/vehicles I've seen coming up through west Texas, they are not regulated, unsafe vehicles lacking our safety standards on our roads as well as just opening up another venue for undesirable people and contraband into the country and giving them a faster way to get farther inland

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
What does this have to do with "General Firearms Discussion?" I thought we had other forums for this Chicken Little Sky-Is-Falling stuff.

FWIW, I do indeed live in Texas, and US-59 runs past my neighborhood. The sky is not falling, guys.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Who's buying all these drugs? That's the way to stop the problems...
Once before, the US had a problem of all sorts of violence related to the making and trafficking of an illegal substance. Somehow, we managed to fix the problem and stop the violence. I don't suppose anyone remembers how that particular problem was solved?

·
Super Moderator
18,421 Posts
Learn this well.

We will have all the crime we are willing to put up with.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Once before, the US had a problem of all sorts of violence related to the making and trafficking of an illegal substance. Somehow, we managed to fix the problem and stop the violence. I don't suppose anyone remembers how that particular problem was solved?
Wasn't that the legalization and taxation of that particular liquid?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts