Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I was totally surprised! When I took my class I was told the backlog was 4-6 months. Especially if one lived in Harris County. Which I do. Application was sent 11/14. Got the license today, 12/17.

Since I was assuming it was going to take awhile I was putting off the decision of what to buy to carry my Glock 27 concealed. Now that decision needs to be made right away. I'm thinking a Crossbread Supertuck or MTAC. And probably a shoulder rig for under the sport coat carry when I go to Church.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Hey congrats on the license. I don't own one, but have never heard anything bad about the supertuck. Nice holster indeed!

·
Registered
45 Posts
And I was totally surprised! When I took my class I was told the backlog was 4-6 months. Especially if one lived in Harris County. Which I do. Application was sent 11/14. Got the license today, 12/17.

Since I was assuming it was going to take awhile I was putting off the decision of what to buy to carry my Glock 27 concealed. Now that decision needs to be made right away. I'm thinking a Crossbread Supertuck or MTAC. And probably a shoulder rig for under the sport coat carry when I go to Church.
Church? Did you pay attention in class? :blink:

I got my CHL in similar time. They've beefed up the team who are processing the applications.

I ordered the MTAC. It comes in on Tues or Wed. Can't wait! I've been carrying my G26 in a blackhawk IWB size 7 that suffices, but it's nothing compared to the MTAC.

Edit: Congrats!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Congratulations!! :congrats::danceban:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Go with the Crossbreed SuperTuck. And for church carry, just use the SuperTuck; it's tuckable :)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Congratulations! You better read every last detail, they may have been in a hurry seeing how they got it to you so soon. When I took my Kimber in to the Sheriff's Dept. to have it added to my license, I showed the lady that typed up my original how she screwed up on my zip code. She just said, "Oops....yeah wow....it should be ok though." I told her that I would be back in to have it changed if I ever had to taste pavement for it. LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congratulations! You better read every last detail, they may have been in a hurry seeing how they got it to you so soon. When I took my Kimber in to the Sheriff's Dept. to have it added to my license, I showed the lady that typed up my original how she screwed up on my zip code. She just said, "Oops....yeah wow....it should be ok though." I told her that I would be back in to have it changed if I ever had to taste pavement for it. LOL
Yeah, just noticed they left my apartment number off my address. I'll be calling them tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Ooops... nevermind. It appears churches must post a sign now. This is a new rule. So, if your church doesn't have a sign, you can carry.
not a new rule, been in effect since 1997

·
Super Moderator
50,613 Posts
Congrats on the new permit!:hand10:
TX is now a little bit safer!:yup:

·
Premium Member
5,769 Posts
Congrats on the permit.... :congrats: To clarify on the church issue...the church must be 30.06 posted, there is NO requirement to get Pastor/Elder approval....

BTW, get the MTAC, they're a local business and they make a great holster...The MTAC can be ordered to fit all 9/40/357 Glocks...

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Right, and they have to post a sign just like any other place now.
Same is true for hospitals now apparently.

You'll noticed I corrected myself in later posts. :)
hospitals (and nursing homes), amusement parks, places of worship, and gov't meetings must all post 30.06
the first 3 have been that way since 1997, gov't meetings was changed in 2007

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.