Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I was totally surprised! When I took my class I was told the backlog was 4-6 months. Especially if one lived in Harris County. Which I do. Application was sent 11/14. Got the license today, 12/17.

Since I was assuming it was going to take awhile I was putting off the decision of what to buy to carry my Glock 27 concealed. Now that decision needs to be made right away. I'm thinking a Crossbread Supertuck or MTAC. And probably a shoulder rig for under the sport coat carry when I go to Church.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Congratulations on your CHL. You won't be disappointed with the SuperTuck. I order my second one just a few mintues ago.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Hey congrats on the license. I don't own one, but have never heard anything bad about the supertuck. Nice holster indeed!

·
Registered
45 Posts
And I was totally surprised! When I took my class I was told the backlog was 4-6 months. Especially if one lived in Harris County. Which I do. Application was sent 11/14. Got the license today, 12/17.

Since I was assuming it was going to take awhile I was putting off the decision of what to buy to carry my Glock 27 concealed. Now that decision needs to be made right away. I'm thinking a Crossbread Supertuck or MTAC. And probably a shoulder rig for under the sport coat carry when I go to Church.
Church? Did you pay attention in class? :blink:

I got my CHL in similar time. They've beefed up the team who are processing the applications.

I ordered the MTAC. It comes in on Tues or Wed. Can't wait! I've been carrying my G26 in a blackhawk IWB size 7 that suffices, but it's nothing compared to the MTAC.

Edit: Congrats!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Congratulations!! :congrats::danceban:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Go with the Crossbreed SuperTuck. And for church carry, just use the SuperTuck; it's tuckable :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ooops... nevermind. It appears churches must post a sign now. This is a new rule. So, if your church doesn't have a sign, you can carry.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Congratulations! You better read every last detail, they may have been in a hurry seeing how they got it to you so soon. When I took my Kimber in to the Sheriff's Dept. to have it added to my license, I showed the lady that typed up my original how she screwed up on my zip code. She just said, "Oops....yeah wow....it should be ok though." I told her that I would be back in to have it changed if I ever had to taste pavement for it. LOL

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats!
Speaking of Church: getting your CHL in that time is miraculous!

·
Registered
132 Posts
congrats on the permit. i've got a G19 that i carry in a supertuck that i carry to church and nobody has said anything. i've had mine for about a month.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to clarify, because I know it's legal in some states, but it's NOT legal to carry in church here in Texas.
Actually it is. We discussed this for about 15 minutes in class. As long as the Pastor/Elders, etc. don't prohibit it it's fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations! You better read every last detail, they may have been in a hurry seeing how they got it to you so soon. When I took my Kimber in to the Sheriff's Dept. to have it added to my license, I showed the lady that typed up my original how she screwed up on my zip code. She just said, "Oops....yeah wow....it should be ok though." I told her that I would be back in to have it changed if I ever had to taste pavement for it. LOL
Yeah, just noticed they left my apartment number off my address. I'll be calling them tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Ooops... nevermind. It appears churches must post a sign now. This is a new rule. So, if your church doesn't have a sign, you can carry.
not a new rule, been in effect since 1997

·
Registered
45 Posts
Actually it is. We discussed this for about 15 minutes in class. As long as the Pastor/Elders, etc. don't prohibit it it's fine.
Right, and they have to post a sign just like any other place now.
Same is true for hospitals now apparently.

You'll noticed I corrected myself in later posts. :)

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Congrats on the new permit!:hand10:
TX is now a little bit safer!:yup:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the permit.... :congrats: To clarify on the church issue...the church must be 30.06 posted, there is NO requirement to get Pastor/Elder approval....

BTW, get the MTAC, they're a local business and they make a great holster...The MTAC can be ordered to fit all 9/40/357 Glocks...

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Right, and they have to post a sign just like any other place now.
Same is true for hospitals now apparently.

You'll noticed I corrected myself in later posts. :)
hospitals (and nursing homes), amusement parks, places of worship, and gov't meetings must all post 30.06
the first 3 have been that way since 1997, gov't meetings was changed in 2007

1 - 20 of 22 Posts