Defensive Carry banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
In retrospect this makes a lot of sense. Counterfeiters copy things that are in high demand - shoes, purses, jeans. I guess it stands to reason that magazines would be on the list. Then you have to wonder - if these guys can do a passable job copying Glock magazines, how far away are they from counterfeiting an entire Glock?

·
Super Moderator
20,163 Posts
Now if it had been H&K P2000 mags, the "frontier hombres" might have just confiscated them for their own use!

·
Super Moderator
19,163 Posts
From China I bet. My wife is very fond of Savannah and Charleston, SC. With all the containers coming in, I'm amazed their ever catch anything.
China has become a scourge of coin collectors; many of their fakes are so good even the grading companies have a difficult time spotting them.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Has China ever built or designed anything on their own ?? They are known for "copying" ..... BMW sued them in the courts because they took one of their cars, duplicated it and began selling it in China. The CEO said that you can even take the taillight off of one of their cars, and it will fit perfectly on ours. Not sure I would have told everyone that. I went to a museum there.... we were 'required' to go thru it ..... and they were very proud of it ..... showing all the things they had developed and manufactured. They were getting very disturbed at me though, and encouraged me to leave sooner then anyone else. I kept pointing things out... first made in Canada, that's the USA, that's Canada, that was done in Germany, that's Russian ....

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Think how well those would sell in the 'hood if they also had Nike logos on them... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Has China ever built or designed anything on their own ?? They are known for "copying" ..... BMW sued them in the courts because they took one of their cars, duplicated it and began selling it in China. The CEO said that you can even take the taillight off of one of their cars, and it will fit perfectly on ours. Not sure I would have told everyone that. I went to a museum there.... we were 'required' to go thru it ..... and they were very proud of it ..... showing all the things they had developed and manufactured. They were getting very disturbed at me though, and encouraged me to leave sooner then anyone else. I kept pointing things out... first made in Canada, that's the USA, that's Canada, that was done in Germany, that's Russian ....
I know in the optics world, Leupold and Aimpoint have had a lot of issues with Chinese rip offs. From my understanding many of those are very close copies as well.

·
Banned
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know in the optics world, Leupold and Aimpoint have had a lot of issues with Chinese rip offs. From my understanding many of those are very close copies as well.
Acogs too, buddy of mine got stuck with a chinese copy. Trijicon gave him the bad news when he sent it in for warranty work. They also gave him information on how to tell the differences between theirs and the knockoff.

·
Premium Member
38,999 Posts

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Acogs too, buddy of mine got stuck with a chinese copy. Trijicon gave him the bad news when he sent it in for warranty work. They also gave him information on how to tell the differences between theirs and the knockoff.
Looks like it is happening enough at Leupold for them to offer a warning on their website:

Leupold Counterfeit Warning

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
That's why I got a pre-ban Chinese AK. It's the real McLoy....:hand5:

The best part is I have US Made furniture on it......HAHHAHAHAHA

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Reactions: gatorbait51
1 - 19 of 19 Posts