Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are two completely different holsters (one leather then other hybrid) but those are the two I have narrowed it down to. Right now comp-tac is having a 10% off sale for the MTAC so it makes the prices on them almost identical. Can any one persuade me one way or the other?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm not sure how to persuade you, but I can HIGHLY recommend UBG holsters. Nate is a standup guy, easy to deal with, great communication and he does top-notch work. I have four UBG holsters, two Canutes and two Regulators, for four different guns. One is on my hip every time I leave the house. Fit is exact and secure. Finish is perfect. Materials are top tier. Delivery is a very reasonable time period.

Ultimately you have to decide the features, benefits, etc. that you want or need. But I can definitely recommend Nate and UBG. My next holsters will also be UBG.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Having one of Nate's holsters, I definitely say go with the UBG!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
only by proxy :rofl:

I have one of Nate's Canute holsters for my HK USP and its great quality and feels great.
Go with UBG!

End of proxy.
I second or third this, I have one and awaiting on the arrival of a second one.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
As for the Canute, I have one and would recommend it. Nate was on time and does great work. I would also recommend getting the reinforced mouth as it makes it easy to holster while wearing.

ETA. jarhead79, Do I get a commission if he buys the Canute?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the canute, do you guys have the reinforced mouth? Will the holster stay open after a draw without the reinforcing?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
With the canute, do you guys have the reinforced mouth? Will the holster stay open after a draw without the reinforcing?
Read post number nine.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
jarhead79, Do I get a commission if he buys the Canute?
I'd say yes, but it's a good thing I can't connect your screen name to your real name. Shucks!

WRT Reinforced mouthband. Some swear by it. I personally don't use it. I have it on one Canute for my Glock, just because. I have a few others without it and I've never had problems. I guess it depends on how gentle you are with your gear. Follow the rules: No holster on without gun, don't crush the holster, etc.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I'd say yes, but it's a good thing I can't connect your screen name to your real name. Shucks!

WRT Reinforced mouthband. Some swear by it. I personally don't use it. I have it on one Canute for my Glock, just because. I have a few others without it and I've never had problems. I guess it depends on how gentle you are with your gear. Follow the rules: No holster on without gun, don't crush the holster, etc.
I'll PM you the details.:hand5:

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Canute! :yup:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Leather is just prettier....and classier. the MTAC is a world class holster, and well made. Leather just has a certain Thing....that the kudex never will. Nothing like a favorite gun in your favorite leather....just nice.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Go with UBG... Custom leather is the way to go... I have an MTAC and it's great. I got mine to fit my G19 and G26 and the versatility is a selling point, but nothing beats custom leather...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Well since I have 3 of them, I'd have to vote for the Canute.....YMMV

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have an MTAC, small frame Glock slide version, with the new thinner 'J' belt clips. I carry IWB at about 4:30-5:00. I'm having issues with the bottom of the clip rubbing a hole in my pants over my right butt cheek (sorry if that's TMI :ahhhhh: ).

I'm considering the Striker as an option for days I don't need to wear my outer shirt tucked in. It looks to be a bit easier on wear/tear on my pants.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts