Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this summer I took my first motorcycle trip with a life long best bud to GA to see our friend who is finishing up grad school at UGA. Well long story short from my other post, I learned that I wasn't going on another trip without my baby (G27).

Well my friend who is going to school at UGA is one of the athletic trainers for men's football. Well he gets tickets to all of the home games and since all of his friends/family live up in Illinois/midwest most of those tickets he just sells or gives to people he's met down in GA. Well he invited me and my g/f to one of their upcoming games (we're not for sure which one just yet wish it was this weekend vs. LSU!)

So to the question, I plan on carrying (driving down) and have reviewed through handgunlaw.us and KY/TN/GA gun laws ect. I think I understand most of it and all that.

My buddy lives off campus and I know I can't carry to the game ect. But I was wondering is there anything else I'm missing or odd laws/suggestions any of you have?

Thanks in advance to all of you guys' help.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Carrying on campus is verboten, there are plenty of bars in downtown Athens that you would not be able to carry into. Have a great time, Athens in the fall is a blast ... Go Dawgs!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris! I can't wait I've never seen a game there, been to the stadium a few times but never seen a game yet. Pretty pumped.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Georgia resident here and unfortunately there are some strict no-carry zones. Against the law at churches, any school, any sporting event, political rallies, any bar that isn't a restaurant (50% of revenue must be from food to be legal), public fishing areas, any of the Georgia lakes maintained by the Corp of Engineers...you know, this list goes on and on. Check out GeorgiaPacking.org's Places Where Firearm Carry is Off-Limits for the full treatment.

It totally sucks to be a legal law abiding citizen one moment, step through a doorway and all of a sudden be considered a criminal.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Georgia resident here and unfortunately there are some strict no-carry zones. Against the law at churches, any school, any sporting event, political rallies, any bar that isn't a restaurant (50% of revenue must be from food to be legal), public fishing areas, any of the Georgia lakes maintained by the Corp of Engineers...you know, this list goes on and on. Check out GeorgiaPacking.org's Places Where Firearm Carry is Off-Limits for the full treatment.

It totally sucks to be a legal law abiding citizen one moment, step through a doorway and all of a sudden be considered a criminal.
Thanks Biomortis for the link I'll definitely be printing/reading thru this!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts

Now thats just dumb, here in Michigan the fish get so big you need at least a 1911 to "subdue" them before you get them in the boat!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now thats just dumb, here in Michigan the fish get so big you need at least a 1911 to "subdue" them before you get them in the boat!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

who knows you might need even more firepower... :comeandgetsome:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts