Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am on Gun Broker because my GAS (Gun Acquisition Syndrome) is acting up and I come across a NIB, 1985 Model 38 in 99% and I have to click Buy It Now. I mean the nickel is more reflective than mirrored glass. I order a pair of Dajim grips - www.dajimgungrips.com - took 5 weeks to come from Thailand. This bad boy will simply knock out the BG with its reflecto mama bling power. Once in a while, perfection overcomes a corroded world. 20130428_174304.jpg 20130428_174125.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
That is a unique combination! Very nice!

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Its different...not a fan of nickel for carry guns but it looks awesome !

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looks like a disco ball.

Seriously, not my cup of tea, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I can tell you are in love and I am happy for you.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'd get a big fat chain and wear that around my skinny neck!

Me likie!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
That's one gussied up wheel gun, glad you like it

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Don't laugh, nickel handguns were quite common in law enforcement community back in the day....nickel .45 1911s, Model 19 .357 Mags and many others. I carried a nickel Smith and Wesson Model 57 .41 Mag for a short time in the early '80s...and a nickel 1911 .45 ACP in the late '70s...

Reactions: GhostMaker

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
I like the shrouded hammer! Plus old school, no stupid little lock that rattles. Should be easy to clean. Hope you shoot em often.

·
Administrator
144,361 Posts
You know you need a nice floral tooled leather holster now. :yup:

Congrats. Carry it in good health.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I like it. Black and square is so boring...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...I have the Bodyguard in stainless...with plain ole rubber Packy Compac grips...that's the best-shooting snub I've ever carried...you'll enjoy it...and be invited to a lot of BBQs, if you're in an OC state...

...I paid extra for nickel until they came out with stainless weapons...out in the rain and sweating made it worth the $$$$
Don't laugh, nickel handguns were quite common in law enforcement community back in the day....nickel .45 1911s, Model 19 .357 Mags and many others. I carried a nickel Smith and Wesson Model 57 .41 Mag for a short time in the early '80s...and a nickel 1911 .45 ACP in the late '70s...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I would be a crime to carry that in a holster or concealed. Perhaps you can have a skeletonized one made?

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...ZipLock bags with slots in 'em might protect it enough, but a gun's made to drool on and fondle and SHOOT, man...not WORSHIP...gotta feel that little pony buck and kick!!!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Oh yeah, I remember those days! Like to have seen that nickel Model 57, as I carried a 41 Magnum before we transitioned to semiautos. That little 5 shooter takes me back to those days. Nice little piece, congrats!!

Reactions: USM1976
1 - 20 of 40 Posts