Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local shop has an Ultra Carry II in black matte finish. The price is $850, which I figure is about right? It only comes with one magazine. I'll need extra mags. Whose brand are you all using with this model?

I'll probably go and make the buy tomorrow if it's still there!!!

Thanks for any info...

·
Administrator
21,350 Posts
I've pretty much stuck with Wilsons and Tripp Cobra mags in my 1911s, including several Kimbers....$850 for a regular Ultra Carry? Night sights or standard?

MSRP is as follows:
Suggested
Retail Price: $888.00 .45 ACP
$996.00 / Night Sights .45 ACP

$850 for standards sights is too high IMHO, if it has night sights the price would be OK.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I agree with JD, my Tactical Ultra runs best with Wilson mags, never tried Tripp Cobra... If you could haggle the price down to $800, that would be ok...

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I also use Wilson Combat mags in my Kimbers. In my Ultra CDP II, the standard carry configuration is a 7-round low-profile stainless model 47,OX, with an 8-round 47DOX as a spare. Always carried Condition One, of course.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
I run stock Kimbers in my Ultra Carry II and it's been flawless from day one.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have Wilson Combat Mags for my Kimber Ultra Raptor and they work flawless.

UNTIL

I did this last week while doing some fast mag reloads...

I dropped the Kimber mag then slammed the Wilson magazine home and started firing.
When I dropped the mag in my left hand blood was running down the grip :redface:

I need to learn to get that pinkie out like a gentleman sipping tea :rofl:

The Wilson mag locks tight in the frame notch and with the extra
plastic on the baseplate plus the Ultra's small officer grip... OUCH :gah:

I may switch to flat baseplate mags if I get bit again.

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have been using the Kimber Pro mags in mine....I started having FTFs so I've ordered a Wilson Combat to see if that corrects the problem. If it does I'll order more, if not...I'll call Kimber.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I had no problems with my Ultra CDP or my Compact CDP until I tried some Wilson mags...every problem was with the Wilson mags. My Kimber mags gave me no problems. I got rid of the Wilsons and picked up aditional Kimber mags. I'm just sayin'...:blink:

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I use the stock Kimber mags and have not had any problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts