Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sick story.

What sucks even more is that she was unarmed, and had absolutely no way to defend herself.

So, the question is - if you were walking into or out of the establishment and saw this happening, would you step in to defend her?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Damn right I would. If the jerk wants to show how stupid he is by running his mouth you can just ignore him, but when he starts punching out a woman, he stepped over the line.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Yah. I'd be on it.

I know there's an argument that in today's litigious society that there's just as much of a chance of her suing you as there is her attacker. Also, deadly force wasn't needed here, so I understand someone smaller in stature may choose to wisely pass on taking on some nut-case.

However, God made me a little bigger and meaner than some, and I'd hate to waste that gift.

:yup:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Damn right I would. If the jerk wants to show how stupid he is by running his mouth you can just ignore him, but when he starts punching out a woman, he stepped over the line.

AMEN!!!

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Yeah, a guy who beats on women is a real macho man, huh? Words are one thing, but physical violence is another.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
The guy could have been an undercover officer who was finally capturing a cop killer...I'm just sayin'...you never know.:rolleyes:

Would I call the cops? Yes!
Would I jump in...no, not enough info!
She's alive, he's in jail...

This guy must be a real piece of work...tough, too...he can beat up women.
Hope he's in for a long time...but you know he'll be walking soon.:aargh4:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
He's a POS,but why does the victim have a lawyer?I've seen a lot of people that were attacked and had the BG arrested when I was an LEO and they never got a lawyer,She doesn't need a lawyer to press criminal charges,that's what the DA does

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
I can't say I wouldn't get involved... But like Ret stated... Not sure there was enough information for me to get involved.

I'm a medic and my tendencies is to get involved to help people in need. But I also know the consequences of being involved in a mistaken identity situation.

However, if I was present, I may have had enough facts to intervene. Some of the things I would be evaluating are the racial slurs and language used by the long haired guy beating down a woman in view of her young child would probably lead one to believe she was the victim.

Also, a trained police officer should be using totally different techniques to put someone into submission for handcuffing and restraint than to close fist beat down a small stature woman and then kicking to her body when she is not even attempting to defend herself.

So, after evaluating the situation, I may have very well intervened, and taken great pleasure in doing so.

However, you have to play it as you see it.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Maybe....depends on the totality of the circumstances.....two strangers, maybe....a domestic dispute between husband/wife--no way

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well im gonna go ahead and say this, im a pretty muscular guy and i know how to handle myself pretty good to.

I also read people well and I can say that if I would have been there, I know I would have known that this POS was not a LEO, and I would have more than likely broke his jaw along with his head.

A woman beater is nothing more than a coward and needs a good dose of his own medicine......

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I would try a verbal intervention first to try and figure out if he is or isn't LE, then go from there.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hopefully the scumbag will get what's coming to him for that.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I'd have offered him the opportunity to man up and try beating on me....

·
Registered
741 Posts
I would call 911 and then I do not know. In high school I saw a guy beating the crap out of a girl and I "stopped" him. While I was stopping him, she jumped on my back and tried to scratch my eyes out. So, I would want to help, but I truelly do not know what I would do.

·
Registered
94 Posts
but why does the victim have a lawyer?I've seen a lot of people that were attacked and had the BG arrested when I was an LEO and they never got a lawyer,She doesn't need a lawyer to press criminal charges,that's what the DA does
Lol, I keep a lawyer on retainer. Any time I have to deal with LEO's or the Media I have him as close as I can even if it is just on the phone and my bluetooth in my ear. With the Media you never know what they may try to turn around on you.

As for stepping in with hearing the language that was being used I would have had no problem stepping in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lol, I keep a lawyer on retainer. Any time I have to deal with LEO's or the Media I have him as close as I can even if it is just on the phone and my bluetooth in my ear. With the Media you never know what they may try to turn around on you.

As for stepping in with hearing the language that was being used I would have had no problem stepping in.
Maybe she got a lawyer to press a civil case against him.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The sad part is that once the police showed up you would probably be arrested for assault if you got physically involved. Assault is a violent crime and the way that today's firearms laws are set up means that an investigation for this crime results in the confiscation of your firearms and a conviction removes your ability to own firearms ever again.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The Cracker Barrel's manager told police he stepped between West and Hill to stop the alleged assault.
She says he hit her. He says he hit her. There is video of him hitting her. How is this alleged?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wrong, YES. Worthy of national news and a primetime interview on the Clinton News Network? HARDLY. Charge the guy with what he is suspected of and move on. The victim and her lawyer appearing in front of a national audience yesterday on CNN was totally uncalled for and highly suspect of a network trying to stir negative emotions.

You ALL know what LITTLE press coverage the religiously and politically "converted" scumbag got when he walked into the Army Recruiting center and killed an unarmed serviceman William Long in Little Rock Ark. The Murder of Private William Long - Bill O'Reilly | The O'Reilly Factor - FOXNews.com

1 - 20 of 57 Posts