Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok let's hear about your pick for under rated ccw guns....I have 2:CA bulldog and Taurus pt945....the Bulldog is small enough for pocket carry and has 5 rounds of 44spl.
the Taurus is the best of a few worlds....a full size .45 that is quite easy to control....you can carry cocked and locked,and mine, at least,feeds all ammo w/ out messing around w/ it.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
The Bersa Thunder and KelTec P11.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
Another vote for Bersas, PA-64's and Makarovs.

Actually most of the Eastern European Mil-surp pistols out there are pretty decent.

I also have a Sig P6/225 which was made in W. Germany and is a single stack 9mm, and its a very solid performer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Crvena Zastava M88A 9mm Luger (currently imported by European American Armory.) This is an all-steel pistol manufacured in Serbia (formerly Yugoslavia.) These resemble the Russian and Chinese Tokarev pistols, but have magazine disconnect and slide-mounted safeties.

The only drawback to these handguns, is that they DO NOT have a +p ammunition rating!

I'll chime in for the Bersa pistols too!

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Browning BDM 9mm semi-auto pistol.

It never got good press. Coming out in the early 1990's, it was one of the last of the "Wonder 9's" that preceded the ludicrous 1994 weapons ban. For 1911 purists, it had a "backwards" safety lever. But, it was light, thin, 15+1 capacity, accurate. And yet, it never caught on. I wish they had come out with a 5.5" OAL variant of the same pistol. I'd have gotten two or three of them. For me, it's the flattest "large" pistol I have ever worn.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
CZs don't get talked about that much, I think they are an excellent value. Another vote for Bersa as well.
Excellent point, I love CZ's, own a few, and I still forgot them. CZ's are great guns.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I'm a pocket carry guy now, and love my Seecamp, but if I carried on a belt, the Bersa 380s and 9x18 Makarovs would get my nod as excellent and very underrated carry guns.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
The .44 Bulldog and the Bersas cetainly make the list. I'd add the CZs, particularly the CZ-82, the EAA pistols, and the PA-63 (light weight alloy frame) to the list. All of these provide a lot of gun and don't break the bank.

·
Super Moderator
18,197 Posts
I remember when CZ 75 could be bought in the Shotgun News for 189 bucks. They were so cheap that people were scared of them. I had a bunch of people at work as me about them and I highly reccomended them. Several were bought, all of them performed very well.

I still think the CZ's are highly underated, but they are about as pricey as anything else now.

They just seem to feel great in the hand and they are as solid as a rock.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Another vote for Bersa and CZ...

1 - 20 of 96 Posts