Defensive Carry banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No updates yet. I have not heard from. I have not received anything in the mail regarding the matter. At this point, I feel all I can do is wait. As soon as I receive any information, I will post an update.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
As @retired badge 1 says, the information about you is part of the public record. As he also says, you are probably going to have to take the initiative. Public employees (the vast majority anyway) could care less what effect they cause on citizens by their laziness and blundering. Follow his advice.

You can also find someone who has access to one of those subscription background check services. Many times they will show you where you need to start the process. Be aware though that they may not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have not heard back from the state, nor the original FFL since I originally submitted my background check and received and unresolved. I called another FFL who told me that he would transfer the firearm on an "unresolved" background. I went down and filled out the form a week ago. I am pleased to announce that I received a call from the FFL today with a "proceed". I will be able to pick my rifle up tomorrow!

·
Super Moderator
23,370 Posts
I have not heard back from the state, nor the original FFL since I originally submitted my background check and received and unresolved. I called another FFL who told me that he would transfer the firearm on an "unresolved" background. I went down and filled out the form a week ago. I am pleased to announce that I received a call from the FFL today with a "proceed". I will be able to pick my rifle up tomorrow!
And you will continue down the other path of investigating and clearing your name anyway, I assume? That’s probably a prudent choice given the status of the world today.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I've already pulled my background myself. There's nothing to clear. I only have a reckless driving conviction on my record. This is not a criminal offense nor anything that bars me from owning a firearm. This is why I was so confused about the "unresolved" status originally.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've already pulled my background myself. There's nothing to clear. I only have a reckless driving conviction on my record. This is not a criminal offense nor anything that bars me from owning a firearm. This is why I was so confused about the "unresolved" status originally.
I can't believe no one asked this yet, but what rifle did you buy and where are the pics???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Haha I do not have pics yet. I will be picking it up today after I finish my jobs for the day. I purchased a Springfield Saint. It is my first AR15 so I didn't go too extreme on price but it seems to be a pretty solid rifle. I will post pics this afternoon when it is in my hands.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Haha I do not have pics yet. I will be picking it up today after I finish my jobs for the day. I purchased a Springfield Saint. It is my first AR15 so I didn't go too extreme on price but it seems to be a pretty solid rifle. I will post pics this afternoon when it is in my hands.
You did good for your first... I purchased my first back in the 2013 panic buying era, and 7 years later, I have several ARs, AKs, and other platforms. I built all the ARs myself except for the first one I purchased...

Glad it all worked out for you....

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Two thoughts for you: 1) For years I have always put my Social Security number in the spot for it on the 4473 form. And 2) The commercial background checks do not access the same database as law enforcement uses - the civilian databases only have public records. Which begs the question... what comes up on a NICS (gun purchase) background check.

And last, it is entirely possible you just got hung up in the stampede of gun buying. In that case, there may be nothing wrong at all.

Anyway...water under the bridge. Congrats on the fine rifle.:smile:

Reactions: airslot

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Glad you got it worked out. Enjoy the new shooter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I am new to the process of purchasing a firearm. I was arrested for DUI and CHARGED with misdemeanor possession about 5 years ago. I plead not guilty to all charges. I ended up being convicted of reckless driving and the possession charge was dismissed. I do not have any other record aside from this. When I attempted to purchase a rifle a few weeks ago, I was told that NICS was backed up for weeks. I received notification a few days ago that my background came back as "unresolved". Has anybody had any experience with this? Would this alone bar me from purchasing and owning a gun? I am in Nevada. From my understanding, only a CONVICTION would bar me from this. Also, it is my understanding that after 3 days with no response through NICS, the FFL can allow the transfer at their discretion. Any thoughts on how I should proceed?
The same thing happened to me. I’m going to send out the appeal tomorrow. I purchased 2 guns a few months ago just fine. I got back an unresolved earlier today. I font have a criminal background so I’m confused on why. What gun shop did you go to? I live in Reno. Sportsman said they wouldn’t release the lower receiver to me on an unresolved even though gun shops can legally let it go. I’d like to know that if I get back another unresolved I will still be able to pick up the lower receiver.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts