Defensive Carry banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Vendor
1,620 Posts
A little update.
My wife is still doing chemo as it was extended for 2 - 3 months as they found more active cancer in her esophagus (she had slowed/ stopped taking the cdb oil) :mad:
She is back on the oil and her doctor thinks is was making all the difference in the world so we are praying it will keep going and get her cancer free.

I will finish up the last few overdue holsters next week as my saddle tan leather has arrived.
I will be back as a sponsor by the 26th of this month ( rough quote ) I was given so heck yessssss.

·
Banned
359 Posts
Our prayers are always with you and your bride!!

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
A little update.
My wife is still doing chemo as it was extended for 2 - 3 months as they found more active cancer in her esophagus (she had slowed/ stopped taking the cdb oil) :mad:
She is back on the oil and her doctor thinks is was making all the difference in the world so we are praying it will keep going and get her cancer free.

I will finish up the last few overdue holsters next week as my saddle tan leather has arrived.
I will be back as a sponsor by the 26th of this month ( rough quote ) I was given so heck yessssss.
James

I wish you both the best. I know that retail CBD can get a bit expensive. Producing the oil at home is fairly simple and would be a money saver. Sourcing a pound of hemp buds, full spectrum, is easy and legal on the Internet (per a federal farm bill Dec 2018). As is the steps in making the oil and / or edibles and topographic ointments. I know you’re a busy guy but I thought I’d mention it. I’m happy to put you in touch with a grower, who is also an attorney, in the Mebane NC area. She’s in her 3rd growing season and still has inventory from her crop last August/Sept. I’m sure that she’ll sell smaller quantities than a pound. You need to watch, particularly when buying several months after picking, that it’s been stored properly. A lot of former tobacco growers have entered the market but they don’t understand proper storage and you can end up with something resembling hemp bud dust.

·
Super Moderator
21,935 Posts
Our prayers are still with you folks.

·
Vendor
1,620 Posts
James

I wish you both the best. I know that retail CBD can get a bit expensive. Producing the oil at home is fairly simple and would be a money saver. Sourcing a pound of hemp buds, full spectrum, is easy and legal on the Internet (per a federal farm bill Dec 2018). As is the steps in making the oil and / or edibles and topographic ointments. I know you’re a busy guy but I thought I’d mention it. I’m happy to put you in touch with a grower, who is also an attorney, in the Mebane NC area. She’s in her 3rd growing season and still has inventory from her crop last August/Sept. I’m sure that she’ll sell smaller quantities than a pound. You need to watch, particularly when buying several months after picking, that it’s been stored properly. A lot of former tobacco growers have entered the market but they don’t understand proper storage and you can end up with something resembling hemp bud dust.
I thank you so much for the info, I have thought about doing that but here in NC just the hemp Is legal here but they both smell the same. There have been several had some run ins with leo who mistook the hemp for marjawa and with me dealing with leo and them being in and out of my home and shop I don't know how that would go over. I do have the local company who has offered to teach me how to do it. I have a family member who may setup up a place in his shop for me to do it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,620 Posts
Oh and the guy who owns the company we get it from is a wonderful fellow who wife used to baby sit long ago, at first his lab hadnt started making the rso oil so he was getting it from a company called lazarath but when there first round from there lab cam in he gave us the last 3 tubes of the rso oil from the other company for free.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
You and your family are in our prayers James.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'm so sorry James. You were so wonderful to me with my hip surgery. I pray for both our wives. Mine has A/Fib and has to have her spine fixed. We are terrified about the effect of Anesthetic on her A/Fib. We have learned to live day by day.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I heard from James Nelson tonight, and as he's a bit behind in filling his orders he asked me to post this update:

I have been reluctant to post until we knew what we were dealing with but now that we know I will pass this info along so many of you folks know what the holdup is on your orders.

My wife and I are what you would call "high school sweethearts" and have been together a very happy 31 years.

Now then... We were preparing to move into the new location and on the very day we started loading trucks my wife had another bout of seizures, only this time she had between 20 - 25 grand-mal seizures. I called 911 after the first 3 so she was admitted into Baptist, aka Wake Forest University Hospital, (a good drive from our location) and my wife being epileptic I do stay with her while she is in the hospital. I am also a registered nursing assistant and provide care for my wife.

There were several tests ran to find out what was going on but nothing new was found so she was sent home after a week stay in Baptist Hospital. About a week later she had the same exact thing happen and the whole process was repeated and even more tests run but with no luck.

While trying to get moved and set back up my wife coughed up blood so we called the doctor and off to the ER we went, a CT scan was done and they found a problem with that. After about 4-5 weeks worth of tests and procedures it turns out it is stage 2 T-3 N-0 esophageal cancer. She will be going to have a portacath surgically implanted this coming Wednesday to start treatments.

The doctors have told us we are so lucky to catch this in stage 2 and after all the tests it seems to be isolated, so the plan is 6-8 weeks of chemo and radiation to shrink the cancer mass then surgery to remove the mass and affected portion of the esophagus (the esophagus is reconstructed during this process) followed by another 6-8 weeks of chemo and radiation. The surgery is considered a major surgery so please keep her in your prayers with all of this.

While we were gone to Baptist for a series of tests there was a 75 foot tree that fell and did some major damage to the new shop, and the rebuild/repairs "whatever you want to call it" were completed last Friday. Still have a leaky roof that is still going to need to be addressed and I still have a handful of things to do to get back up and running.

I am working as hard as I can on all fronts so if you can please just hang in there just a while longer and I promise your orders will start rolling out the door.

This has been one of the hardest things I have done to date but we do feel blessed to have a good outlook with her diagnosis so far and we will get past this because God is good.

The email address [email protected] is no longer a valid address and I may or may not get any more emails to that address so please use the email address [email protected] to contact me.

Although I am running so far behind (have a few orders still from December) I am still saying my lead times are a rough guess at 8 - 10 weeks, as the last year had been slower than normal and I can go through these orders really fast and get caught back up, it's just a matter of getting set back up now. We are still taking orders.

We are going through a rough spell but myself and my wife are not done just yet, haha. We have been in over 17 gun magazines to date and more to come. Keep your eyes out for the November issue of Gun Digest as we have a little something in it. We will also have a whole new website in the months to come and a couple new designs that should stand out as much as the neoprene backed iwb holsters.

We will be back on top before long, I promise. My customers have become like a family to me. A lot call just to see how we're getting along, which is very appreciated, others have formed an even closer bond where we talk on an almost daily basis (you know who you are lol). I can't thank each and every one of my customers enough for their loyalty, commitment and the friendships they've given us. You guys have been a true blessing. I certainly didn't expect all this when I started making holsters. Who knew? [LOL] God has a mysterious way of doing things and I, for one, couldn't be happier about the way this business, and the friendships that have come with it, have turned out. We've become like an extended family. I thank each and every one of you guys and pray for you each day. Please let me know about any questions or concerns you may have.

Psalms 23

Sincerely,

(Junior) James Nelson
(Betsy) Jana Nelson

James Ervin Nelson
Welcome to Nelson Holsters
[email protected]

828-729-3415
Luke 22:36
We have had you both on our prayer list and our hearts just ache. I personally know what is like being the caretaker and I am honor to do that just like you do. Stay strong brother and give Betsy a hug form us and I will keep up the prayer vigil

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Good luck to her James. As always ya'll are in our prayers.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts