Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is update I promised. I have been wearing the Crossbreed Supertuck holster everyday, all day since I have had it, which is about 3 weeks. It is the most comfortable, concealable holster I have ever used. I am saving coins to order 2 more, a minituck for LCP and another supertuck for an XD.:wave:

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I'm going to order one for my Kahr P9, but the thought crossed my mind to get one for my LCP if carrying the Ruger in my pocket doesn't work out. The thing is, if it's that nice and conceals that well, like what I've read, I'd just as soon carry the larger gun.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
OK, here is update I promised. I have been wearing the Crossbreed Supertuck holster everyday, all day since I have had it, which is about 3 weeks. It is the most comfortable, concealable holster I have ever used. I am saving coins to order 2 more, a minituck for LCP and another supertuck for an XD.:wave:
You may want to look at the Comp Tac MTAC Holsters. very close to the Crossbreed but the Kydex shells can be switched out between different guns. I have 2 Crossbreeds and just bought an MTAC to see the difference. The differences are very slight but if you have time to switch out shells before you go out, the MTAC might save you a few bucks. The shells are about 25 bucks each I think.

Stu

Comp-Tac : Top-Quality Firearm Accessories

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I've heard good things about the supertuck, but have a question. I tend to sweat a lot. Does it seem to make things hotter and sweatier where the holster is? Seems like a lot of leather covering skin and I was a bit concerned about it. It's high on my list of potential holsters. Particularly if this is not a problem. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
I've heard good things about the supertuck, but have a question. I tend to sweat a lot. Does it seem to make things hotter and sweatier where the holster is? Seems like a lot of leather covering skin and I was a bit concerned about it. It's high on my list of potential holsters. Particularly if this is not a problem. Thanks.
I may dress differently than you so what I do might not work. I almost alway wear a long T-shirt with a wifebeater underneath. Holster is on top of the wifebeater so no leather on skin.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I wear a wife beater under my supertuck and there does seem to more sweat in that area. I don't think there is anyway to avoid it, it is not bad considering you are wearing extra stuff. I ordered my supertuck in HORSEHIDE, they say it handles the moisture better than the cowhide, and so far it has worked great. It is a tan color as it does not dye like the cowhide does, but aside from people on forums posting pics on the interweb no one should ever see it. It ain't meant to be pretty.

Joker1

p.s. I don't believe I'm sweating more because of the holster, it only gets a little damp when I've been outside doing yardwork or just out in the heat a lot. Hope that helps.

·
Banned
226 Posts
The Supertuck rocks. Like I have said before, I don't need to wear big shirts and this and that. Funny story. The other day my wife and I went to a friends house, of course I was carrying. I don't really tell my wife when I carry, and she doesn't really know. I was wearing cargo shorts and a normal sized t-shirt. When we get home, I take off my shirt and my wife, sees the gun in the holster at 430. She says, "were you carrying that thing all day". I said, "honey, I carry this thing all day everyday". She never noticed. Now THAT is concealed.

·
Registered
866 Posts
You may want to look at the Comp Tac MTAC Holsters. very close to the Crossbreed but the Kydex shells can be switched out between different guns. I have 2 Crossbreeds and just bought an MTAC to see the difference. The differences are very slight but if you have time to switch out shells before you go out, the MTAC might save you a few bucks. The shells are about 25 bucks each I think.

Stu

Comp-Tac : Top-Quality Firearm Accessories
I have both brands. I absolutely hate swapping out the shells for the MTAC. I have found that I also want to change the way the holster rides once I have changed out shells - which requires more time adjusting the clips. I like to be able to reach in a grab a holster and go. If I want to carry a different gun - now I have to change out the shell - go through all the steps adjusting, etc. Save yourself some money in the long run and just get extra Crossbreeds - rather than getting MTAC, shells, then deciding too much hassle and eventually purchasing Crossbreeds for all your guns.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have both brands. I absolutely hate swapping out the shells for the MTAC. I have found that I also want to change the way the holster rides once I have changed out shells - which requires more time adjusting the clips. I like to be able to reach in a grab a holster and go. If I want to carry a different gun - now I have to change out the shell - go through all the steps adjusting, etc. Save yourself some money in the long run and just get extra Crossbreeds - rather than getting MTAC, shells, then deciding too much hassle and eventually purchasing Crossbreeds for all your guns.
That's exactly what I did. I had two CB ST's but wanted to see what the MTAC was about for my Kimber. I agree, I don't have time when dressing to sit down and swap out shells either. Now I have one for each pistola.

Stu

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am really torn between these two holsters for my XDm. The CrossBreed looks like its much bigger than the MTAC. I am a large guy and worried about the size issue.

·
Registered
306 Posts
What are you carrying right now?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Anyone have opinions on the combat cut?
My only supertuck has the combat cut, my experience is limited but it does allow for a better initial grip on the gun. Otherwise you need to get your hand between the grip and the leather. Some say get it without and do it yourself later if you want it, that's up to you. I let the holster maker do it, cause he's the man. I am glad I got the combat cut, I do wear an undershirt between me and the holster.

Joker1

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the MiniTuck with horsehide for the LCP. Wear it all day, everyday. Im 5'10" and 245, no comfort issues. I really don't take off the holster until I get undressed to go to bed. Always forget I have it on. Highly recommend it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have worn the SuperTuck with the combat cut and without it for my XDSC. I would not purchase without the combat cut. I experienced no difference in comfort, but am able to drawer much quicker and easier with the combat cut. My MiniTuck for the revolver basically came with a combat type cut and is also very quick and easy on the draw

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Thanks for the info. Need to look a bit harder at them. I OC a lot but there are times I will need to CC and the cheap nylon holster is not very comfortable.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a Bluegrass Hybrid Ghost for my XD.40SC and a SuperTuck for my 1911 Govt and while both are great holsters, the SuperTuck (without the combat cut) is far more comfortable and the tuckability is superlative!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Supertuck is definitely the way to go. Every gun I ever own will get it's own Supertuck. They can add a little sweat if it's really hot out but I haven't noticed any big difference. There is no better concealment holster out there in my opinion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I live in south arkansas, wear the holster next to skin, and so far, no problems. I don,t seem to sweat anymore than normal.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts