Defensive Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wearing the hybrid holster I made for my Glock 19 since the 25th and I wore it all day today including 2 hours driving and a lot of bowling at my kid’s birthday party.
I think my search for the perfect holster is over.
With just a T shirt as a cover garment, it was almost invisible. My wife didn’t even think I was carrying. It is so comfortable you really do forget you have it on. I did a lot of practice (unloaded of course) drawing and re-holstering and it is much faster and more sure than my all leather holsters.

It had chrome clips but I replaced them with black ones I ordered from Crossbreed.

If you have not tried one of these types of holsters, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot. I think Crossbreed has a 30 day trial period for their holsters. Mine is just a copy of that design, so I’m sure they are even better than my attempt.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
It looks like a lot of holster to me, but perhaps the 'wide look' spreads out the carry feeling. If it works for you, that is all that matters.:hand10::yup:

Stay armed...figure out your best carry...stay safe!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looks good!!!!!

I have found that wider wings displace the weight if the firearm better...Of coarse you don't want to make them to wide...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey what type of screws you using??????????????

I need a close up..

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had made a "how to" for a failed forum and this is what I came up with. Made all out of scraps..

And you know I use this more then anything...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Looks good. I forgot to mention that I carried my PPS in my truck for a 3 hour drive to Miami, hung out all day at my grandparents and my great aunts house and then drove back. I had to adjust the holster once, but considering that it was a full day, I am overall impressed. I will be wearing my P2000 on my 8 hour drive to NC. I will report back how that works out.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Southbound,
they are #4 stainless steel cap head screws; with ss finish washers and T nuts. I got them from the local hardware store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts