Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Vances flyer today (ok, I viewed it online, but my dad got one) and they had the XD .45 compact and service on sale, depending on variation from $429.99 up to I think 529.99. I wanted the .45 from the start, its time I grow up and by a mans gun (I have only owned 9mm and smaller) so I went in and talked to them, they let me cancel the XD9SC that I had on lawaway without penalty and get the .45. I wanted the Black compact that they had, but it was their display model and the last one they had, they were more than willing to sell it to me, but I really did not want the display that everyone has had their hands on (the 9 was also the display). I opted for the service (I think it was service, 4in barrel) in the dark earth color that was brand new in box, never played with. It was 429.99. I cant wait to get it in the next couple weeks. Just thought I would update.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Good deal! Remember caliber isn't everything. My "little 9mm" G19 worked fine keeping 95% of my rounds COM at a defensive handgun course a couple months ago. 2 of the guys shooting .45s shot up at least 3 1x2s used to staple the targets to. They were a running joke by the end of the class as boosting the stock of the lumber yard!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I surely will need to get use to it. I rented a .40 once and did not like it and stayed with 9mm. Never shot a .45, but have always wanted one. I figure if I dont like it, I will have to buy yet another, darn, that means having more than one gun around.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
The XD45 is a great gun, I've got a 4" service, in black/stainless...It's a soft shooting gun, it really soaks up the recoil. I also have a G19 and would say the recoil of the two are almost the same.

Congrats, be sure to post some pics, when you get it...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sweet !!! Recoil isnt bad on them at all.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was at Vance's sister store today (Buckeye Outdoors). I looked at a new XD Service, but I abstained as I really want a Glock 23C for my next pistol. You should stock up on the ammo as they have it for $14.99 per box.

It must have been my lucky day as I found a NIB G23C here in central OH from another forum, and I have a pending deal to sell the S&W 6946.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was at Vance's sister store today (Buckeye Outdoors). I looked at a new XD Service, but I abstained as I really want a Glock 23C for my next pistol. You should stock up on the ammo as they have it for $14.99 per box.

It must have been my lucky day as I found a NIB G23C here in central OH from another forum, and I have a pending deal to sell the S&W 6946.
I wonder if we were there at the same time, that is where I do my shopping. I live only 15 minutes from the place and its nice not going though a crime zone to shop (seems everytime I drive to Vances, the police have crime scene tape up somewhere along Cleveland).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I live just north of Newark. I seem to go there about once a week or so.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I bought my xd9 at vances too

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Must be neighbors somewhat. I am not to far from the OSU/COTC campus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts