Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why now, but I have updated my EDC. I have carried a Glock 26 (or 27 or 33 depending on how I feel) for several years. For quite a while recently it has been the 26 in a kydex IWB holster. The change to which I am referring is the use of Magpul 12 round magazines. The 12 +1 in the gun and a second mag in kydex carrier on my belt give me, obviously, 25 rounds. Not too shabby on the rare occasion many rounds might be needed. However, the change of mag in the gun is not noticeable nor is the one on the belt. So I have a better position for virtually no additional overhead e.g. a larger gun like the Glock 19. Of course there is no exact same set up for my Glock 27 or 33, but I can do 21 rounds with the use of Pearce grip extensions. My height and stature do not allow me to use my Glock 19s because the small extra barrel length is a problem sitting in the car or in an office chair.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can't run many drills with the smaller glocks as easily or as quickly as I can with the compact / duty size glocks. So I ditched my 26 and kept my 19,17, and 22 ( All with Grey Ghost lowers because I don't like the glock grip angle ) And after fixing the brass to face issues... been happy ever since. The sub compacts are good carry guns, just not enough rounds for my comfort. Reloads during a firefight is an overrated experience. Semper Gumby....stay flexible.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Just my personal experiences, but for me Magpul Glock mags are training/class only.
I’ve had all kinds of strange malfunctions with Magpul Glock mags. Like on a stressful reload slamming a mag in to have rounds pop free of the plastic feed lips; that happens fairly frequently.

OEM Glock mags for carry, the small cost difference isn’t worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I carry the +2 Glock factory mags in my 26. The Magpul mags do ok if downloaded one round, but the factory mags seem to do well with a full 12 rounds in them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple of good points here. Might have rethink my carry update. I do have a couple of Glock factory +2 mags to use in place of the Magpul. Hate to admit it, but I had forgotten them.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Just my personal experiences, but for me Magpul Glock mags are training/class only.
I’ve had all kinds of strange malfunctions with Magpul Glock mags. Like on a stressful reload slamming a mag in to have rounds pop free of the plastic feed lips; that happens fairly frequently.

That has been my experience with the lone Magpul Glock magazine I have in my G26. I only use it for range duty now.

·
Premium Member
33,882 Posts

Carry mags are the one thing I do not mess with. OEM strictly for me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have been using Magpul mags for my range work in my Glock 19s and Glock 26 for the past several years. Several thousand rounds through them with 0 malfunctions. I really like the Magpul 12 round Glock 26 mags - I have not used them for carry, but would if needed.

My friend bought a Gen 5 Glock 26 a year ago. He has now completely switched over to the Magpul 12 round mags - for range work and EDC. He has not had any malfunctions with them.

I've always been a OEM mag guy, but my experience with the Magpul mags are that they are good to go. Oh, since I've sold off my Glock 19s and switched over to the Shadow Systems MR918 pistol - I guess that the "OEM" mag for these guns are the Magpul mags :D

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I’ve very not had any problems with magpul 12 round mags in my G26 and magpul 15 rd mags in my G19 and G26. Granted, I just started using them about a year ago so I can’t testify to long term usage.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
I have been using Magpul mags for my range work in my Glock 19s and Glock 26 for the past several years. Several thousand rounds through them with 0 malfunctions. I really like the Magpul 12 round Glock 26 mags - I have not used them for carry, but would if needed.

My friend bought a Gen 5 Glock 26 a year ago. He has now completely switched over to the Magpul 12 round mags - for range work and EDC. He has not had any malfunctions with them.

I've always been a OEM mag guy, but my experience with the Magpul mags are that they are good to go. Oh, since I've sold off my Glock 19s and switched over to the Shadow Systems MR918 pistol - I guess that the "OEM" mag for these guns are the Magpul mags :D
I may contact Magpul to inquire about the issues I have had with my magazine. Who knows, they may offer to replace it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, now I have updated my update on EDC. Now have the two Glock +2 mags with one in gun and one on belt. So still have 25 round count as with the Magpul mags but with Glock factory reliability. As I indicated above, lost track of the pair of +2 mags. Since I have three model 26 and about 6-7 mags per gun, the drawer was quite full.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
All my mags for the Glock are OEM except for some of the 32 round mags. A few of those came from South Korea and they have preformed perfectly. I believe most all mags I own for handguns are OEM. I figure if you have a quality gun why not a quality mag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts