Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RRA RECCE build:

SBR'd Draco Pistol:

PSL-54C (shortened by Red Jacket Firearms, stock from Ironwood Designs)

I'll get some pics of the rest of the kids when they stop being so shy.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
wow...those are sexy! I really dig the RRA RECCE build.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Very nice collection...:yup::danceban:
I guess that you have the perimeter of the house covered.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
there's something familiar about the magnifier on the RRA....I have the same one on one of my AR, mines behind an Aimpoint instead an Eotac.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Interesting RRA...and when you're done shooting it, you can use it for weight training!

What, no tactical cupholders?! MRE heaters? C'mon man!
(just funnin' ya! But I am curious about the weight of that rifle, with all those "enhancements." I tend to prefer my long guns light and simple...YMMV.:wink:)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting RRA...and when you're done shooting it, you can use it for weight training!

What, no tactical cupholders?! MRE heaters? C'mon man!
(just funnin' ya! But I am curious about the weight of that rifle, with all those "enhancements." I tend to prefer my long guns light and simple...YMMV.:wink:)
Weighs in at just under 14lb with 2 loaded 20 round mags. Just for SNG's I weighed the PSL (the true "reach out and touch someone" rifle) and it came in at 12lb with a 10 round mag.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
14 lbs! Wow. Seems a bit heavy to me. :confused:

Weight impacts your ability to engage targets at close range quickly - which is why shotgunners tend to prefer lighter, easily-swung shotguns.

Most civilian self-defense situations are going to be at close range - even with a long gun. Just sayin'

Of course, if your situation is different, and you anticipate shots at mid-range, then more power to ya!:smile:

My carbine is a Mini-14 All-Weather Ranch Rifle - bone-stock, straight out of the box. But...my go-to long gun is a shotgun - stock Rem 870.

Nice pics! You've got some serious money invested in those babies!:wink:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The AK's (and PSL) are my go-to guns. The AR is a platform I've experimented with in the past, so I decided to build a couple to reacquaint myself.

And the weight really isn't that bad. It is kind of funny that alot of people don't like AK's because they are too heavy, but, even in stock configuration, the AR's are heavier.

Plus, if it's too heavy, get stronger! :)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Oh so nice! BG's be hurtin if they try you..

·
Registered
342 Posts
I love your set ups you should be very proud!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Cute kids you've got:yup:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Nice.

Did you ever hear again about your family member that was kidnapped?

And by the way..... I hate you. You have cost me quite a bit in $200 stamps after looking at those.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice.

Did you ever hear again about your family member that was kidnapped?

And by the way..... I hate you. You have cost me quite a bit in $200 stamps after looking at those.
I heard from St. Paul PD to let me know they were still looking (and to reconfirm the serial #).

What'd ya get stamps for? Huh? Huh? Tell me!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts